Now first and foremost I wont be like most publications and bash DMX and talk about how unstable he is for society…because I just don’t think that’s 100 percent true. DMX is one of the most popular and successful rappers of the 90’s! He dropped 2 albums in 1998 that literally changed the mood and temperature in hip-hop..He had the biggest movement (Ruff Ryders) and they really made you think…”Man…maybe we will be alright with B.I.G and Pac gone”…at least that’s how I felt! So I cant believe some of the stuff that happens to him is even reality! Let’s look at some facts.
In March 2000, he was arrested for aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle, speeding, failure to signal, driving without a license, failure to notify the DMV of an address change, and possession of marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, and Percocet while driving on New York State Route 33 in Cheektowaga, New York, following a concert in Buffalo, New York
* In 2002, he pled guilty to animal cruelty for having 13 neglected pit bulls in his possession.
On December 24, 2002, DMX, born Earl Simmons, was charged with unsafe lane changing, failure to signal and possession of a forged instrument.
* In June 2003, he was arrested for using indecent language during a performance at St Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean.
* In June 2004, he was arrested at JFK airport on charges of cocaine possession, criminal impersonation, criminal possession of a weapon, criminal mischief, menacing, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol while attempting to carjack a vehicle claiming to be a federal agent.
* In April 2005, Simmons was arrested in The Bronx for driving with a suspended license after his car crashed into a police cruiser. He opened fire on the cruiser before speeding off and crashing into a telephone pole.
* In May 2006, Simmons was arrested at a London airport for causing a disturbance after he refused to put on a seat belt and became abusive on a flight from New York to London. He was released with a caution
* In October 2006, Simmons was arrested in Boston after severly injuring 4 armed men just hours after Monster Jam. The chrages were dropped after it was discovered he was acting in self defense.
On February 2, 2007 he was arrested for driving on an expired license charge, and scheduled an appearance in a Yonkers courtroom on March 6, 2007 on that and other minor infractions.
* On 23 July 2007 Simmons was stopped by police after trying to get away on an illegal motorbike without a license and drunk.
* On 31 July 2007 Simmons was stopped by police for driving an illegal motorbike and he has been reported for driving without a license and without insurance.
* On 24 Aug 2007 Acting upon an animal cruelty tip, Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies reported to having removed 12 emaciated pit bulls from Simmon’s Cave Creek home. None of these dogs had access to food or water. Deputies also found the bodies of 13 dead dogs. Simmons was not at home when the raid occurred. Sources reported the deputies also removed a large cache of weapons in addition to drug paraphernalia and a large quantity of suspected drugs. At this time, DMX has not been charged with animal cruelty.
On December 30, 2008, DMX had pleaded guilty to charges of drug possession, theft, and animal cruelty and was sentenced to 90 days in jail on January 31, 2009.
On May 22, 2009, DMX entered a plea agreement/change of plea, pleading guilty to attempted aggravated assault.
DMX was released from jail early on July 6, 2010, after serving four out of six months for violating drug probation. A television pilot was filmed about his road to recovery that very day, but following his arrest three weeks later, the series was not picked up.
On July 27, 2010, DMX turned himself in to Los Angeles Metropolitan Court for a reckless driving charge he received in 2002, and was sent to Jail for 90 days
On November 19, 2010, DMX was again arrested in Maricopa County, Arizona for violating his probation by using drugs. He served a full year term for the crime.
On December 20, 2010, DMX was moved to the Mental Health Unit of the Arizona State Prison. DMX was released from prison at 07:00 a.m. on July 18, 2011.
DMX was arrested again on August 24, 2011 for speeding (102 in a 65), reckless driving, and driving with a suspended license.
DANG X!!!! FOR REAL CUZ??? Keep in mind this is JUST 2000-NOW! DMX is 40 years old and if you have watched ANYTHING on him you know he’s been going to jail since the 80’s!!! I really just dont get it. Would leaving Arizona, getting a driver and staying out of the gun store really solve his problems? Have the drugs really made him the monster in the media? Now money doesnt solve all problems but in some cases it can make it worse! He can afford to get himself in and out of trouble..maybe that’s the problem!
End of the day, this man has kids to raise and it appears he needs a stronger and more stern team around him. I’m hurt for my man X. His legacy is really being over shadowed by his negative media attention..and that’s no good. He’s done just as much on the “Great side of things” but what the majority will remember…wont be pretty. Pray for Earl Simmons y’all…Cause This Cant Be Life!