Found this from “TheFrisky”:
10. Michael Jackson – He passed away this year, wiping his slate clean and allowing some people to remember the awesome impact of his phenomenally unique music.
9. The Layaway – Welcome back, layaway! This was the first year in a while that major retailers had to go back to bygone ways of getting people to spend on a budget.
8. Harem Pants – Like them or hate them, you can’t deny that harem pants were everywhere this year. (Riggs note: WTF are Harem Pants?)
7. 3-D Movies – This was the year for 3D movies like “Avatar,” “Coraline,” “A Christmas Carol,” “Up,” “My Bloody Valentine,” and “Monsters Vs. Aliens.”
6. Sandra Bullock – What movie wasn’t Sandra Bullock in this year? Now let’s send her back into her cave. (Riggs note: above Michael Jackson? lame)
5. Star Trek – This classic got a sexy, mainstreaming makeover thanks to JJ Abrams, Chris Pine, and Zach Quinto.
4. The fitted sheath dress – It made a fashion resurgence in a big way, as a result of two powerful dress-wearing women, Michelle Obama and Joan Holloway. (Riggs note: ….um….what?)
3. The Beatles – While they never actually dropped in popularity, “The Beatles: Rock Band” brought Beatles-cool back for even more generations.
2. Instant Pictures – Hipsters saved Polaroid, and other instant cameras like Fuji’s (above) became more readily available. (Riggs note: …really? I haven’t seen anyone use these unless they’re taking naked pictures or something)
1. Homegrown vegetables – Thanks to the recession and the local growing craze, homegrown veggies are more popular than ever.
oh my…this list totally sucks. Sorry, I had to click through individual pictures on TheFrisky HERE, otherwise I wouldn’t have posted this tom foolery. Sorry to let you down.