Listen Live Graphics (Indy)
RadioNOW Featured Videos
CLOSE

“The bottles are identical and I am not young anymore, but I am not senile. I just did this because these are my precious eye drops.”

That’s what Irmgard Holm told MyFoxPhoenix after going through a nightmarish experience, that landed her in the hospital with doctors trying to pry her eyes open after she accidentally superglued them shut.

Holm, who had cataract surgery last year, reached for what she thought was eye drop medication, but instead was actually superglue. When she felt a burning sensation, she realized something was very wrong.

Holm attempted to wash the glue out of her eyes, but by that time they were sealed shut.

“It was a nightmare and a half,” Holm says.

Paramedics and hospital staff rushed to remove the glue before her eyes suffered major damage.

“They had to cut off the glue substance. It was all hard, and it was in the eye and just everywhere. I couldn’t even see,” said a still shaken Holm.

She wants companies that make superglue to change their packaging so something like this doesn’t happen to more people.

“You can go infection, blindness, removal of the eye on something like this, please help.”

This wont top bed intruder…but hey…he tried

Also On RadioNOW 100.9: