Dating someone? Did you know there are 7 Deadly Sins of dating? Neither did I, but I came across this on YourTango.com and here’s what they say:
1. Pride: You’re too good for him. If you were raised to be mommy and daddy’s little princess, you can end up thinking that no one is good enough for you. Instead of assuming he isn’t worth your time, look at people as friends before assessing their relationship potential. If he passes the friend test (he listens to you, is respectful of others and is pleasant to be around), you’ll already have gotten past you dismissing him because he’s not attractive enough or doesn’t make enough money.
2. Sloth: You don’t actively look for guys to date. Brown and Brown think that a lack of self-confidence or shyness is keeping you from meeting men. To get past this you need to change your attitude. “If you believe you deserve a happy relationship you’ll make it a goal—one that takes precedence over any other activity that keeps you ‘too busy’ to look for love,” they write. Seeking Your Soulmate? Use The Secret
3. Wrath: You’re holding onto anger about a past relationship. Men are not all the same—being burned in the past doesn’t mean it will happen again in the future. You need to learn trust again—without trust you can’t have a successful relationship. It might require therapy, but it’s worth it. After all, this is the rest of you life we’re talking about.
4. Envy: You always assume there’s someone better out there. Why are you never satisfied with the relationships you’ve had? “Perhaps, deep down inside, you’re afraid that you don’t deserve your success,” write Brown and Brown. Instead, focus on what is good about your life right now—including any men you might be dating.
5. Lust: You seek intimacy without emotion. Physical intimacy without any emotional connection makes it hard to realize that someone is right for you. If you’ve been indulging in one night stands or have a “friend with benefits,” Brown and Brown suggest that you “reconnect with your emotional center” so “you’ll be in the right emotional state to recognize Mr. Right when you see him.”
6. Gluttony: You’re too needy. Your partner shouldn’t need to prove his love. “Having him jump through hoops doesn’t give you the proof you’re looking for,” they write. In fact, it’ll probably drive him away. Instead, “give him a chance to woo you. And if there’s some chemistry, don’t be so quick to find fault.” 5 Ways To Stop Being A Needy Girlfriend
7. Greed: You love the money, not the man. You can’t have a successful relationship with a bank account. Plus, “if he treats you just like another possession, you may find yourself replaced by someone” else. So what should you look for in a man? According to Brown and Brown, “his ability to love, trust, commit, respect and live his life desiring you.”
Read more from YourTango HERE.