“Pretty Little Liars” actor Tyler Blackburn is opening up about his sexuality in a new interview.
“I’m queer,” Blackburn revealed to The Advocate magazine “I’ve identified as bisexual since a teenager. just want to feel powerful in my own skin, and my own mind, and in my own heart.”
Blackburn, who played Caleb Rivers for seven seasons on Pretty Little Liars and is currently starring on the CW series Roswell, New Mexico, where he plays Alex Manes, a gay war veteran and amputee.
The actor said he’s tired of caring what people think.
“I just want to live my truth and feel OK with experiencing love and experiencing self-love,” he said, adding, “Yes, there is an element of, I want to feel like it’s OK to hold my boyfriend’s hand as I’m walking down the street, and not worry. Is someone going to look and be like, ‘Whoa, is that guy from that show? I didn’t know that [he was queer.]’ I want to own my space now.”
“Now we’re at a place where fluidity is spoken about in such a beautiful way that it doesn’t make me feel as pressured to have it figured out,” Blackburn added.
SOURCE: Advocate Magazine
- Indy’s Connection: Enjoying the Indy Shorts Film Festival
- Indy’s Connection: Getting to Know the New National Crisis Helpline 988
- Indy’s Connection: Learning About Law W/ Villarrubia & Rosenberger, P.C
- Kimora Lee Simmons And Aoki Lee Simmons Give Us Mother Daughter Fashion Goals In Dior
- Megan Thee Stallion Gives Us Hair Envy In Her Latest IG Pic
- Jordyn Woods Celebrates Her Anniversary With Karl-Anthony Towns On A Romantic Weekend Getaway
- Ain’t No Party Like A ‘House Party!’ Here’s A First Look At The Updated Cult Classic Coming To HBO Max
- Bad Bunny’s ‘Un Verano Sin Ti’ Is Spotify’s Most-Streamed Album of 2022
- Register For The Now Meets: 5SOS Virtual Meet and Greet
- Chloe Bailey Covers ‘Gyalis’ In Mesh Black Ensemble