Lucy Hale has landed the lead role in the CW’s Riverdale musical spinoff, Katy Keene.
The Pretty Little Liars alum confirmed the news on social media Monday, writing on Instagram, “Well I’m slightly freaking out ! Thank you @archiecomics / @writerras / @thecw / @warnerbrostv / @thatthingofwhen for trusting me to be your KATY KEENE. my heart is bursting.”
Hale is best known for playing Aria Montgomery in the Freeform teen drama “Pretty Little Liars,” and recently for her role in horror thriller “Truth or Dare.”
The spinoff, which follows the lives of four iconic Archie Comics characters in their 20s as they chase their dreams in New York City, was given a pilot order in January. Hale’s character is described as a bold, big-hearted and independent, who aspires to be a fashion designer.
Hale joins a cast that currently includes Ashleigh Murray, who will continue to portray the character of Josie McCoy.
So congratulations to Lucy Hale!
- WATCH: Morning After The Rose Ep. 3 With Jules
- Turn Up Tuesday: Celebrity Presidential Cabinet
- Dr. Oz Talks Exercising Your Brain & Patrick Mahomes’ Injury
- KKMS Daily News: This Is A Game Changer!
- Meagan Good Contemplates Motherhood & Society’s Timeline On Life And Love
- Indy’s Connection: Demystifying Vaccines
- Polo Ralph Lauren To Bridge East And West With CLOT Collaboration
- An ‘NBA Jam’ Documentary Is In The Works
- LeBron James & Bugs Bunny Look Like They’re In Trouble In Small Glimpse of ‘Space of Jam: A New Legacy’
- Cardi B Tapped To Star In Paramount Comedy ‘Assisted Living’