Lucy Hale has landed the lead role in the CW’s Riverdale musical spinoff, Katy Keene.
The Pretty Little Liars alum confirmed the news on social media Monday, writing on Instagram, “Well I’m slightly freaking out ! Thank you @archiecomics / @writerras / @thecw / @warnerbrostv / @thatthingofwhen for trusting me to be your KATY KEENE. my heart is bursting.”
Hale is best known for playing Aria Montgomery in the Freeform teen drama “Pretty Little Liars,” and recently for her role in horror thriller “Truth or Dare.”
The spinoff, which follows the lives of four iconic Archie Comics characters in their 20s as they chase their dreams in New York City, was given a pilot order in January. Hale’s character is described as a bold, big-hearted and independent, who aspires to be a fashion designer.
Hale joins a cast that currently includes Ashleigh Murray, who will continue to portray the character of Josie McCoy.
So congratulations to Lucy Hale!
- PODCAST: Joe Is Starting Couple’s Therapy
- #AskAlex PODCAST: Baby Pics With Dead Grandma?
- Post Malone Shares What An Average Day Is Like In New “Wow” Video
- Justin Bieber And Hailey Baldwin Are Putting Their Wedding Plans On Hold
- Here’s The First Trailer For ‘Stranger Things 3’ [VIDEO]
- Here’s The Secret To Going Viral On Instagram! [VIDEO]
- Watch Tori Kelly & Ally Brooke Cover Lady Gaga’s “Shallow” [VIDEO]
- Jordyn Woods Bombarded ‘With Lucrative Business Deals’ After Kardashian Cheating Drama
- Cardi B To Star In A Stripper Revenge Film With Jennifer Lopez, Lili Reinhart And More
- Carmella Says The ‘Women Are Taking Over The WWE’ Right Now [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]