MGK and director Steven Caple Jr. teamed up for the rapper’s latest video off the soundtrack for the 2016 crime thriller The Land, which follows four inner-city teens who face the wrath of a Cleveland crime boss after stealing a car that’s stashed with drugs.
In a recent interview with Billboard, the Cleveland emcee explained why the collaboration worked. “After working with Steven Caple Jr. on the movie The Land, it was only right that we collaborated on the ‘Dopeman’ video,” he said. “I envisioned a cinematic video that I knew he could deliver, and the visuals he presented surpassed my expectations… I think we found the perfect blend of the streets and visual art.”
When you collaborate with Nas and Erykah Badu to produce a movie, like MGK did for The Land, it’s only right you reconnect with the guy who made it all work: director Steven Caple Jr.
Check out the visual above.
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Elle Varner, MGK, Pharrell, & More
10 photos Launch gallery
1. Machine Gun Kelly tore the stage down at Best Buy Theater as one of the featured performers at the "Power" Season 2 Premiere concert in New York City.
1 of 10
2. The always stylish Pharrell hit up the 2015 Gordon Parks Foundation Awards Dinner and Auction at Cipriani Wall Street as the musical guest, then headed back to his Soho hotel right after his performance.
2 of 10
3. Robin Thicke is winning at life. You see how big he's smiling while with April Love on a dinner date in West Hollywood?
3 of 10
4. Eric Johnson helped his wifey Jessica Simpson out of The Sayers Club in Hollywood at 12:30 a.m.
4 of 10
5. Jeremy Piven and Mark Wahlberg exchanged a few words at the "Entourage" movie premiere in Los Angeles.
5 of 10
6. "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2" is going to be a great movie. Phenomenal. Here's Megan Fox proving it while filming in Manhattan.
6 of 10
7. UFC fighter Ronda Rousey is gorgeous at the "Entourage" movie premiere in Hollywood. That is all.
7 of 10
8. Janelle Monae looked stunning in red at the Gordon Parks event last night.
8 of 10
9. Kerry Washington glimmered at the Glamour Women Of The Year awards at Berkeley Square Gardens in London.
9 of 10
10. Elle Varner was turning heads at the "Power" premiere in NYC last night. You should have seen when she performed with Fiddy...Pictures don't do her justice.
10 of 10