Breaking up is hard to do – especially when you’re in the public eye and people are rooting for your relationship.
Luckily, they survived the whirlwind, but here’s a list of celeb couples who weren’t as fortunate:
Gaga fans have never seen their Mother Monster happier than when she was with Taylor. The gorgeous couple called it quits in July after dating for five years, citing distance and conflicting schedules.
No one saw this coming. Tiny, the ultimate ride or die chick, filed for divorce from T.I. in December after six years of marriage and three children together. The split came just a few months after Tip and Tiny were going back and forth on social media over her relationship with Floyd Mayweather.
This breakup was a sure sign that 2016 was the year of utter shock and confusion. Angelina filed for divorce from Brad back in September and claimed he was a threat to the children. She even filed for sole custody of their six kids together, conceding only to give him visitation rights.
After a year and a half of dating, the hot model and her superstar singer beau called it quits back in November. No word on what officially ended the relationship, but the pair says they’ll still remain good friends.
J.Lo and Casper’s relationship was pretty long compared to most Hollywood hookups. The pair started dating in 2012 when he was just her backup dancer, but ended their relationship this year in August. Sources say the love affair just came to a natural end. Now, rumors are swirling that J.Lo is getting cozy with Drake. Jen sure knows how to pick them.
Mary J. has been through so much in her life that we were all rooting for her happiness. The queen of ‘no more drama’ found herself in lots of drama this year after filing for divorce from her husband of 12 years in July. Things have only gotten messier since the split, with Kendu seeking spousal support and refusing to give the singer her things back – including her Grammy Awards.
The perfect-seeming couple ended things earlier this year after Nick was publicly caught in a cheating scandal involving his ex girlfriend, who became pregnant. Iggy has since moved on with French Montana and seems to be doing better than she was at the start of the year.
Bitter Exes: The Pettiest Celebrity Splits
1. Monyetta Shaw and Ne-YoSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. Siohvaughn Funches and Dwyane WadeSource:Getty 2 of 13
3. Milan Christopher and Miles BrockSource:Getty 3 of 13
4. Kris Humphries and Kim KardashianSource:Getty 4 of 13
5. Rob Kardashian and Rita OraSource:Getty 5 of 13
6. Safaree and Nicki MinajSource:Getty 6 of 13
7. Big Sean and Naya RiveraSource:Getty 7 of 13
8. Torrei Hart and Kevin HartSource:Getty 8 of 13
9. David Justice and Halle BerrySource:Getty 9 of 13
10. Erica Mena and Bow WowSource:Getty 10 of 13
11. Chris Brown and Nia GuzmanSource:Getty 11 of 13
12. Idris Elba and Sonya HamlinSource:Getty 12 of 13
13. Stevie J and Joseline HernandezSource:Getty 13 of 13
Finished & Done: 7 Shocking Celebrity Splits Of 2016 was originally published on globalgrind.com