A New Jersey Uber driver was arrested and charged with sexually assaulting a passenger near the victim’s home on Monday.
Thirty-one-year-old Al-Quon Hopkins was taken into custody by Wycoff police just hours after they received a 911 call about a sexual assault that occurred near a residence earlier that day. According to reports, a 27-year-old woman used the car service to return to her home, where she was assaulted in the car in the area of her driveway.
The first call to law enforcement happened around 2 a.m on Monday, following the assault. Prosecutors say their investigation led them to Hopkins of Paterson, New Jersey; he’s been charged with one count of aggravated sexual assault with bail set at $250,000. The driver was also ordered not to have contact with the victim, to surrender his passport, and no longer work as a livery driver, ABC 7 reports.
Maureen Parenta, a spokeswoman for the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office said, “We do not identify employers,” after prosecutors refused to release the name of the car service the culprit works for. However, Hopkins’ family confirmed that he drove for Uber. Al-Quon Hopkins is set to make his first appearance on Nov. 4 in Bergen County Central Judicial Processing Court.
SOURCE: ABC 7 | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
13 Celebrity Men Who've Been Accused Of Heinous Crimes But Are Still Idolized
1. Bill Cosby: Since 2005, over a dozen women have alleged that Bill Cosby drugged and then sexually assaulted them. With the allegations getting media attention again, the first supermodel ever, Janice Dickinson, has also come forward to reveal the "Cosby Show" actor raped her in 1982.1 of 9
2. Michael Jackson: Throughout his career, the King of Pop was accused of molesting young boys several times. After he died, it was discovered that Michael spent over $35 million covering up the alleged molestation of 24 boys.2 of 9
3. Martin Lawrence: Leading man in one of the best comedy series ever, Martin's co-star Tisha Campbell left the show "Martin" in 1997, citing sexual harassment, sexual battery, verbal abuse, and threats from Martin. To make matters worse, Tisha recently revealed she was a victim of rape at just 3-years-old.3 of 9
4. Terry Richardson: The man on the other side of the lens has been labeled a sexual predator by more than a few women. Multiple models have claimed Richardson requested sexual favors during shoots, and the heinous accusations stretch all the way back to 2005.4 of 9
5. Woody Allen: The famed director reportedly sexually abused his 7-year-old adopted daughter Dylan Farrow. Allen refused to take a polygraph test administered by state police, and the young girl's claims were found to be consistent with the testimony of three adults who were around the same day the abuse happened.5 of 9
6. James Brown: James Brown has not only been arrested for armed robbery, in the early 2000s he was sued by a woman who claimed it was Brown's fault she suffered from Graves' disease, as he allegedly raped her at gunpoint in 1988.6 of 9
7. Kobe Bryant: The LA Laker was the center of a lot of negative attention in 2003, when a 19-year-old hotel employee accused the basketball player of raping her. Though Kobe admitted to having sex with her - and remember, he was married at the time - he denies it was rape.7 of 9
8. Sean Penn: The famed actor is not only known for his ability to meaningfully portray a character, he's also known for tying up ex-wife Madonna and beating her bloody. She escaped when she told her husband of the time she had to use the bathroom.8 of 9
9. Marv Albert: In 1997, the beloved Sportscaster plead guilty to sexual assault and battery of a longtime lover, who claimed that he repeatedly bit her and forced her to perform oral sex on him. She claimed she was only able to escape after ripping his toupee off of his head.9 of 9
Scary! Uber Driver Accused Of Sexually Assaulting A Woman was originally published on globalgrind.com