Just months after Prince‘s shocking death, more details are surfacing about the late singer’s drug use.
According to reports, several pills taken from Prince’s estate in Paisley Park after his death were counterfeit drugs that actually contained fentanyl, a synthetic opioid 50 times more powerful than heroin. An official close to the investigation says many pills were falsely labeled as “Watson 385,” but according to Drug.com, that stamp is used to identify pills containing a mix of acetaminophen and hydrocodone.
Almost a dozen tablets were found in a dressing room at Paisley Park, but the majority were in bottles of Vitamin C and aspirin that had been tucked inside a suitcase and bags, including one Prince often carried with him.
When made into counterfeit pills, Fentanyl users don’t always know they’re taking the drug, which increases the risk of fatal overdose. Prince’s autopsy report revealed that the singer died of an accidental fentanyl overdose.