Michael Jackson‘s daughter came to the defense of Kanye West after fans became upset when news broke that West surpassed Michael Jackson (and Frankie Valli) for the most Top 40 hits by a male artist. Yeezy gained his 40th hit on the Billboard Hot 100 with his feature on ScHoolboy Q’s “That Part,” putting West in tenth place for males with the most Top 40 hits; Jackson has 39 Top 40 songs.
A photo posted by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on
Earlier this week, Paris, 18, posted a photo wishing her friend a happy birthday, when a fan commented, “I’m f—ing mad. Screw kanye west for knocking Michael off the chart for the most 40 hits or whatever. If Michael was still here God he would have passed kanye.”
Jackson clapped back, “The first time I ever heard Kanye’s [808s and] Heartbreak album was from my dad, he played it for me all the time. he liked him. He never saw music as a competition or a game, never had a motive to talk sh– about other artist. It was always about the love and respect and appreciation for music. So if someone breaks a new record, be happy for them. They worked hard for it and they earned it. Don’t be angry or jealous or bias. Music is music and if it’s good it deserves recognition.”
Even the young Paris knows how to throw a little shade.
SOURCE: Billboard | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram
1. MJ was a victim of physical abuse from his father as a child. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, he shed tears and claimed that he was so terrified of his father that he would often vomit when he saw him.
1 of 20
2. His favorite animated character from childhood was Pinocchio.
2 of 20
3. When MJ listened to the songs from his days in The Jackson 5, he said he sounded like "Minnie Mouse."
3 of 20
4. His middle name was Joseph - Michael Joseph Jackson.
4 of 20
5. "Billie Jean" is allegedly based on a true story. MJ claims an obsessive fan tried to say he was the father of her child.
5 of 20
6. His first song to hit the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart was "Ben" in 1972.
6 of 20
7. MJ was a huge Beatles fan. He paid $47 million for the publishing rights to the Beatles back catalogue in 1985 and sold a share of it to Sony in 1995 for $95 million.
7 of 20
8. Get this… The costumes for the "Thriller" video came from the Salvation Army.
8 of 20
9. Jackson invented and owns the patent for the special anti-gravity boots he wore that allowed him to lean forward extremely far in live performances of "Smooth Criminal."
9 of 20
10. MJ loved animals, and had several…strange pets. He had a python called Crusher, two llamas called Louis and Lola, and his most famous pet was Bubbles, the chimpanzee.
10 of 20
11. Sources say MJ "borrowed" the Moonwalk from street dancers he saw outside a hotel.
11 of 20
12. The original song title for "Thriller" was "Starlight."
12 of 20
13. Sources say MJ slept in an oxygen tent to live longer and for cosmetic purposes.
13 of 20
14. MJ was a proud owner of a 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch that has a theme park, a menagerie, and a movie theater.
14 of 20
15. "Home Alone" star Macaulay Culkin was one of MJ's closest friends, and is the godfather of two of Jackson's children.
15 of 20
16. MJ's estate signed a deal with Sony that gave them access to his unreleased recordings for $250 million.
16 of 20
17. MJ often wore a black armband to remind people of the suffering of children around the world.
17 of 20
18. The Los Angeles mansion he was renting just before he passed away once belonged to Sean Connery.
18 of 20
19. MJ was allegedly a pretty avid reader… He was once accused by a library of owing $1 million in overdue book fines.
19 of 20
20. Wikipedia, Twitter, and AOL's Instant Messenger all crashed at 3:15PM on the day MJ died: June 25, 2009.
20 of 20
Continue reading 20 Things You Didn’t Know About The Legendary Michael Jackson
20 Things You Didn't Know About The Legendary Michael Jackson