BLord has officially joined the Fitbit Society, so naturally we had to give him a hard time about it this week.
But if there’s one thing Fitbit wearers know, it’s that they tend to pick up some pretty amusing habits. 19 of them, to be exact…. at least according to Buzzfeed.
Here’s some of the highlights:
Raise your hand if you’ve ever…
1. Paced on the spot because you’re only a few hundred steps from your goal.
No matter how stupid you may look.
2. Got unnecessarily upset when you forgot to sync your Fitbit before midnight.
Because that means every single bit of your hard work is lost.
3. Or wanted to cry after realising you’d been walking around with a dead Fitbit all day.
4. And unleashed a competitive side you never knew you had.
5. Cared more about validation from your Fitbit than actual human people.
6. Felt a slight sense of victory when your watch buzzed to tell you you’d reached your goal.
7. Compulsively checked your wrist several times in an hour.
8. Mentioned your Fitbit in any possible situation, despite knowing the other person probably doesn’t care.
FYI anyone who doesn’t care is a hater.
9. Deemed all exercise pointless if you leave your Fitbit at home.
10. And refused to move when your Fitbit is on charge.
11. Considered buying your Fitbit some jewellery to make it look a little more presentable.
Because let’s face it, Fitbits aren’t exactly the prettiest accessory in the world.
12. Suddenly found the idea of taking the stairs riveting.
13. Worn your Fitbit on a night out so you could benefit from all of the dancing you would be doing.
14. Sneakily shaken your Fitbit in the hope it will gain you a few more steps.
It’s less about cheating and more about being innovative.
15. Got ultra defensive when someone had the nerve to refer to your Fitbit as a pedometer.
“IT’S MUCH MORE THAN THAT, OK? CAN PEDOMETERS TRACK YOUR SLEEP?! I DON’T THINK SO.”
16. And finally, felt an instant connection with anyone you spot wearing that special band.