Michael Jace, the Shield actor who was charged in the shooting death of his wife April Jace in 2014, appeared in court during his murder trial in L.A. on Thursday and revealed some new details about the dark case.
According to the star, he had no intention of killing his wife, he just wanted to wound her.
The court transcripts revealed that back in 2014, Jace told the police, “I was just angry. All I intended to do was shoot her in the leg. And then I shot her in the leg and that was it. I just ruined lives. Four lives. I mean, you could put the needle in my arm right now and be done. I’m fine with that.”
During the trial on Wednesday, the 10-year-old son of the actor and his late wife testified that he heard his father tell his mother she should “run to heaven,” before shooting her twice in the legs in a hallway outside the boy’s bedroom.
Us Weekly reports:
According to the transcript, Jace alleged that his wife lunged at him before he fought back. His attorney, Jamon Hicks, claimed that the actor believed that she was having an affair.
Jace faces 50 years to life in prison if convicted.
SOURCE: US Weekly | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
13 Celebrity Men Who've Been Accused Of Heinous Crimes But Are Still Idolized
1. Bill Cosby: Since 2005, over a dozen women have alleged that Bill Cosby drugged and then sexually assaulted them. With the allegations getting media attention again, the first supermodel ever, Janice Dickinson, has also come forward to reveal the "Cosby Show" actor raped her in 1982.Source:Getty 1 of 9
2. Michael Jackson: Throughout his career, the King of Pop was accused of molesting young boys several times. After he died, it was discovered that Michael spent over $35 million covering up the alleged molestation of 24 boys.Source:Getty 2 of 9
3. Martin Lawrence: Leading man in one of the best comedy series ever, Martin's co-star Tisha Campbell left the show "Martin" in 1997, citing sexual harassment, sexual battery, verbal abuse, and threats from Martin. To make matters worse, Tisha recently revealed she was a victim of rape at just 3-years-old.Source:Wenn 3 of 9
4. Terry Richardson: The man on the other side of the lens has been labeled a sexual predator by more than a few women. Multiple models have claimed Richardson requested sexual favors during shoots, and the heinous accusations stretch all the way back to 2005.Source:Terry's Diary 4 of 9
5. Woody Allen: The famed director reportedly sexually abused his 7-year-old adopted daughter Dylan Farrow. Allen refused to take a polygraph test administered by state police, and the young girl's claims were found to be consistent with the testimony of three adults who were around the same day the abuse happened.Source:Getty 5 of 9
6. James Brown: James Brown has not only been arrested for armed robbery, in the early 2000s he was sued by a woman who claimed it was Brown's fault she suffered from Graves' disease, as he allegedly raped her at gunpoint in 1988.Source:Getty 6 of 9
7. Kobe Bryant: The LA Laker was the center of a lot of negative attention in 2003, when a 19-year-old hotel employee accused the basketball player of raping her. Though Kobe admitted to having sex with her - and remember, he was married at the time - he denies it was rape.Source:Getty 7 of 9
8. Sean Penn: The famed actor is not only known for his ability to meaningfully portray a character, he's also known for tying up ex-wife Madonna and beating her bloody. She escaped when she told her husband of the time she had to use the bathroom.Source:Splash 8 of 9
9. Marv Albert: In 1997, the beloved Sportscaster plead guilty to sexual assault and battery of a longtime lover, who claimed that he repeatedly bit her and forced her to perform oral sex on him. She claimed she was only able to escape after ripping his toupee off of his head.Source:Getty 9 of 9
Just Crazy: “The Shield” Actor Michael Jace Explains to Court Why He Murdered His Wife was originally published on globalgrind.com