Jennifer Lopez stopped by The Hollywood Reporter‘s ‘Awards Chatter Podcast’ and opened up about her career, the infamous green dress she wore to the Grammys, and bouncing back after her breakup with Ben Affleck.
One of the most shocking things J.Lo revealed? She hasn’t walked the streets alone in over 20 years (since filming Selena) and she gets anxiety about it.
“As I get older, it bothers me more,” she acknowledges. “When you’re young it’s like a shock at first, and you kind of have anxiety about it, but then you get used to that life and it just becomes your normal life. And now? I think when I had kids and stuff, I was like — I wanted a little more freedom to go outside and not have them have to deal with that part of it.”
She also said she had no idea the Versace dress she wore to the 2000 Grammys would be a hit.
“I had no idea. Honestly I felt like I didn’t have a good dress for that night. My stylist was just like, there is just nothing out there, but there is this dress that other people have worn before you can wear this. I was like ok, and we tried it on and when I came out actually Puffy was there and he was like, “That’s THE dress!” I was like really, and he was like yea and we just went with that dress.”
Jennifer was asked about some of the failures in her career, specifically the movie Gigli and her relationship with Ben Affleck. She opened up about how she bounced back:
“I never thought of it as ‘oh this is terrible my career is over.’ I just never thought of that. It just I knew that movie didn’t work, or that relationship didn’t work and that’s all it was and that it wasn’t going to end me, personally or professionally.
“I was going to go on and I was going to be stronger and better as one is when they pick themselves up from something terrible that happens. You just get stronger. I think that every time I’ve fallen down and made a choice that wasn’t the perfect choice and didn’t turn out great there were ten times it did. The one time I had to pick myself up made me more prepared for ten times that came after that that were great. So I don’t look at it in the same way.”
You can check the full podcast on The Hollywood Reporter.
SOURCE: THR | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
All The Times Jennifer Lopez Dazzled In The Most Exquisite Gowns At The AMAs
1. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The 2015 AMAs1 of 19
2. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs2 of 19
3. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs3 of 19
4. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs4 of 19
5. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs5 of 19
6. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs6 of 19
7. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs7 of 19
8. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs8 of 19
9. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs9 of 19
10. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs10 of 19
11. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs11 of 19
12. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs12 of 19
13. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs13 of 19
14. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs14 of 19
15. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs15 of 19
16. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs16 of 19
17. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs17 of 19
18. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs18 of 19
19. Jennifer Lopez Hosts The AMAs19 of 19
Jennifer Lopez Says She Hasn’t Walked The Streets Alone Since ‘Selena’ was originally published on globalgrind.com