Halloween is back.
John Carpenter’s 1978 horror classic already has eight sequels, but it’s apparently ready for another reboot. And the legendary filmmaker has pledged to make this one better than the rest.
“38 years after the original Halloween, I’m going to help to try to make the 10th sequel the scariest of them all,” Carpenter said, according to Slash Film.
This news comes after Carpenter revealed back in 2014 that he wished there had only been one Halloween movie.
Some 40 years after the first installment, it’s still one of the most terrifying slasher flicks of all time. Joining Carpenter will be Jason Blum, who’s produced new horror hits The Conjuring, Paranormal Activity, Insidious, Sinister, and The Visit.
No word on if there will be a cameo from Jamie Lee Curtis, the killer Michael Myers’ sister and original scream queen. The tenth installment of Halloween is scheduled to hit theaters in 2017.
SOURCE: Slash Film, Deadline | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Twitter
Images In Ferguson, Missouri That Look Eerily Similar To Scenes From Movies (PHOTOS)
12 photos Launch gallery
1. "The Purge Anarchy" looks way too much like what's going on in Ferguson right now.
1 of 12
2. We lying? A resident of Ferguson watches as tear gas is released in the neighborhood.
2 of 12
3. An attack scene from "The Purge Anarchy."
3 of 12
4. Ferguson Police force a resident from the business district into nearby neighborhoods.
4 of 12
5. A still from the movie SWAT.
5 of 12
6. A real life S.W.A.T. team staring down unarmed civilians and reporters.
6 of 12
7. Extras wait to shoot a scene in "The Avengers," look familiar?
7 of 12
8. Ferguson police patrol the streets.
8 of 12
9. A crowd swarms the streets in the movie "World War Z."
9 of 12
10. A sniper sits atop a vehicle in Ferguson.
10 of 12
11. An arrest scene in the classic "Boyz In The Hood."
11 of 12
12. An arrest in Ferguson.
12 of 12