On Monday morning, the federal appeals court overturned a previous motion that let Brady off with no penalty. The courts have sided with the league, which was battling with the players’ union. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell insisted the suspension was deserved.
“We are pleased the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit ruled today that the Commissioner properly exercised his authority under the collective bargaining agreement to act in cases involving the integrity of the game,” the NFL said in a statement.
The only other quarterback on the Patriots’ roster is Jimmy Garoppolo, who threw four passes in five games last season. Only one of those passes was completed.
Welp. Sorry, Pats fans.
SOURCE: AP | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Deflate-Gate & Sports' Biggest Cheaters Of All Time (PHOTOS)
1. From Spy-Gate where the Patriots spied on their opponents for an unfair advantage, to Deflate-Gate where the Pats were accused of not using regulation footballs, Bill Belichick might not be cheating, but he surely tries to get away with stuff.1 of 12
2. Johnny Football came into the game for a play and went over the sidelines pretending to not know what was going on...only to run down the field for a touchdown. Only thing is, that's not an approved format. The Browns were penalized.2 of 12
3. On January 24, 2009, Antonio Margarito fought Shane Mosley at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. In the dressing room prior to the fight, an illegal insert was found in each of Margarito’s knuckle pads. The inserts were removed and the fight proceeded as planned. Mosley knocked Margarito out in the ninth round.3 of 12
4. Nets coach Jason Kidd had zero time outs left, so when in need, he pretended to drink a soda and spill it on the court so the refs could stop play to clean up the mess. Unfortunately, that's cheating.4 of 12
5. Tonya Harding wanted to be the best so badly, that she conspired to take out her only competition for a spot on the Olympic team: Nancy Kerrigan.5 of 12
6. Danny Almonte was a little too old to play with these kids. Considered a phenomenon as he led his Bronx team to a third-place finish in the 2001 Little League World Series, Almonte was revealed to have actually been two years too old to play Little League baseball.6 of 12
7. In 2003, Sammy Sosa hit 40 home runs, but he was caught using a corked bat to hit the ball harder during a game, which put a cloud over his other homers.7 of 12
8. Tim Donaghy pled guilty after an NBA betting scandal rocked the association. He alluded specifically to a playoff game where "personal fouls were ignored even when they occurred in full view of the referees" because "it was in the NBA's interest to add another game to the series."8 of 12
9. After winning 7 Tour De France championships in a row, and beating cancer, it was discovered that Lance Armstrong used PED's and he was banned from cycling for life.9 of 12
10. In 1919, the Chicago White Sox lost the series to the Cincinnati Reds, and eight White Sox players were later accused of intentionally losing games in exchange for money from gamblers.10 of 12
11. Brian Bosworth, aka The Boz, was banned from college football for taking steroids, but then went on to the NFL where he was widely considered a bust. He only played 3 seasons.11 of 12
12. Marion Jones won 5 medals in the 2000 Olympics, but was stripped of those medals after it was proven she took performance enhancing drugs when jailed for lying to a federal investigator.12 of 12
Tom Brady’s Four-Game “Deflategate” Suspension Is Back On was originally published on globalgrind.com