Johnny Manziel might be on the road to redemption, but he just lost a major endorsement deal.
Nike spokesman Brian Strong revealed to ESPN that Manziel, who was signed by the Swoosh in March of 2014 to a multi-year deal, is no longer an endorser of the brand.
This marks the sixth contract Nike has terminated in the past three years. Johnny Football joins the likes of Lance Armstrong, Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, Oscar Pistorius and most recently, Manny Pacquiao.
Nike called the partnership off sometime after the 2015-16 season, likely due to Johnny’s party boy ways and off-the-field legal issues.
Manziel is also currently being investigated by a grand jury and the NFL for allegedly assaulting his ex-girlfriend, Colleen Crowley. The case will be presented to the jury this week and an indictment could be announced as early as Monday.
Major deals aside, Manziel’s second marketing agent, Drew Rosenhaus, quit on Tuesday. Despite the day of bad news, the 23-year-old still has hope for his future in the NFL.
“I’m hoping to take care of the issues in front of me right now, so I can focus on what I have to do if I want to play in 2016. I also continue to be thankful to those who really know me and support me,” he said in a statement released Tuesday morning, according to USA Today.
If found guilty of assault, Manziel faces up to a year in jail and a $4,000 fine.
The World's Highest-Paid Athletes
1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.Source:Getty 1 of 20
2. Manny PacquiaoSource:Getty 2 of 20
3. Cristiano RonaldoSource:Getty 3 of 20
4. Lionel MessiSource:Getty 4 of 20
5. Roger FedererSource:Getty 5 of 20
6. LeBron JamesSource:Getty 6 of 20
7. Kevin DurantSource:Getty 7 of 20
8. Phil MickelsonSource:Getty 8 of 20
9. Tiger WoodsSource:Getty 9 of 20
10. Kobe BryantSource:Splash News 10 of 20
11. Ben RoethlisbergerSource:Getty 11 of 20
12. Rory McIlroySource:Getty 12 of 20
13. Novak DjokovicSource:Getty 13 of 20
14. Zlatan IbrahimovicSource:Getty 14 of 20
15. Lewis HamiltonSource:Splash 15 of 20
16. Ndamukong SuhSource:Getty 16 of 20
17. Fernando AlonsoSource:Getty 17 of 20
18. Gareth BaleSource:Getty 18 of 20
19. Jon LesterSource:Getty 19 of 20
20. Derrick RoseSource:Getty 20 of 20
Another L: Nike Terminated Its Contract With Johnny Manziel was originally published on globalgrind.com