Ever since Scarlett Johansson was cast as the lead in Ghost In the Shell, fans have been less than happy.
The film is a live-action, American-made take on a classic Japanese manga and anime franchise, leaving many confused as to why ScarJo— an obviously non-Asian woman — was chosen as the lead. According to reports, the studio commissioned visual effects tests that would’ve altered Scarlett Johansson in post-production to “shift her ethnicity” and make the Caucasian actress appear more Asian in the film.
Paramount Studios clapped back and denied the claim, saying, “A test was done related to a specific scene for a background actor which was ultimately discarded. Absolutely no visual effects tests were conducted on Scarlett’s character and we have no future plans to do so.”
Fans will have to decide for themselves when the film hits theaters next year.
SOURCE: Vulture | PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram
Happy Women’s History Month: Passing Along The Great Advice These Celeb Women Gave Each other
1. Powerful Quotes From Celebrity Women1 of 5
2. Mary J Blige remembered powerful advice she received from Chaka Chan.2 of 5
3. Maya Angelou told Iyanla Vanzant,3 of 5
4. Jackee Harry also shared a great advice from Maya Angelou.4 of 5
5. Yandy Smith gushed about her mentor, saying,5 of 5
Scarlett Johansson’s New Film Under Fire For Trying To Make Her Look Asian was originally published on globalgrind.com