That Taylor Swift cosign is a huge one.
Last week, Apple released a viral commercial that showed T-Swizzle getting her #gymflow on while logging a few miles on the treadmill. The best part was that she fell off the exercise equipment while rapping along to Drake and Future‘s “Jumpman.” It turns out that the Swifties didn’t just watch the commercial more than 20 million times, but the sales for the song have increased by more than 431 percent. Apple hasn’t released how many subscriptions or streams the ad produced.
“To really get an idea that was simple, informative and funny with hooks is really like writing a song. With an artist that’s got 73 million followers on Instagram, that’s bigger than NBC, CBS and Fox and the viewership of prime time combined,” Larry Jackson, Apple Music’s head of content, told Adweek.
Billboard revealed there will be two more Apple commercials featuring Taylor in the coming weeks. We can only imagine how entertaining those will be. And for all the Swifties who just got put on to the catchy hit, someone has to explain to them how important it is for Metro Boomin’ to trust you.
Every Time Drake "Draked" In 2015
1. That Time Drake Slid In Lebanese Porn Star Mia Khalifa's DMs...So she claims.Source:Twitter 1 of 9
2. When We Thought Only Beyonce Could Drop A Surprise Project & Cause Chaos...Drake Dropped "IYRTITL."Source:Warner Music/ OVO Sound/ YMCMB 2 of 9
3. When Drake Somehow Convinced Madonna To Make Out With Him At Coachella.Source:Getty 3 of 9
4. Drake Collaborates With Beyonce...Again.Source:Getty 4 of 9
5. That Time Drake Showed Up To Watch Serena Win At Wimbledon, And Then....Source:Splash News 5 of 9
6. That Time Drake Hopped On Fetty Wap's "My Way" & Made It A Smash Hit.Source:300 6 of 9
7. Does This Even Need An Explanation?Source:apple music download 7 of 9
8. That Time Meek Mill Got Bodied By A "Singing N*gga."Source:Getty 8 of 9
9. Nope...No explanation needed.Source:apple music download 9 of 9
Taylor Swift’s Apple Commercial Helped Drake & Future’s “Jumpman” Sales Soar was originally published on globalgrind.com