Azealia Banks is notorious for her Twitter tirades. The young rapper might’ve gone too far recently though, directing her vitriol toward once Vice Presidential candidate, Sarah Palin. A satirical story passed around social media yesterday was what drew Azelia’s ire. The story, which later turned out to be a joke, stated Sarah told a group of listeners that “black people enjoyed slavery.” Azealia was none too pleased by that admission.
That was only a mere sample of the speech she directed toward Sarah. Sarah would take to social media to let her feelings be known on what was said.
After Azealia discovered the article was fake, she issued an apology.
“Dear Sarah Palin,
I hope this message reaches you in good spirits and in good health. I want to start this letter off by telling you that I actually, really like you. While many other American people may see you as someone to be ridiculed, I truly believe that you possess a certain “je ne sais quoi,” (a french term which is often interpreted to denote one’s inexplicable charisma.) Given a bit of book-reading/media-training/patience, that charisma could become your magic carpet. There is something very charismatic and misunderstood about you. The misunderstood bit oftentimes reminds me of myself.”
You can read the rest of the apology here.
Rather than leave the situation at that however, Azealia responded to the news that Sarah Palin would sue her.
Azealia better hope she’s right.
SOURCE: NY Daily News | PHOTO: Getty
Azealia Banks For Paper Magazine (PHOTOS)
1. 1. Azealia Banks covers Paper Magazine Summer Music issue. Source: papermag.com1 of 7
2. 2. Banks gets colorful in an Alexander Wang shirt, Diesel Black Gold belt, shorts and hat by Joyrich, and bag by Todd Pearce for Love Bailey. Source: papermag.com2 of 7
3. 3. Banks winks at the camera with her turquoise eye shadow, purple lip, and gold fork to the mouth. Source: papermag.com3 of 7
4. 4. The Harlem native shows that she's down with the ombre hair trend. Source: papermag.com4 of 7
5. 5. Banks, who's never afraid to tap into her wild side, rocks a jacket by Diesel Black Gold, shorts by Ashton Michael, a white collar by Louis Vuitton, belt by Versace and glasses by Diesel. Source: papermag.com5 of 7
6. 6. Banks cheeses for the camera in an Acne top, pants by Diesel Black Gold, and necklace by Glynneth B. Source: papermag.com6 of 7
7. 7. The rising star sports an Alexander Wang black top, with earrings and cuff by Juju Gold. Source: papermag.com7 of 7
Sarah Palin Threatens to Sue Azealia Banks Over Nasty Tweets was originally published on globalgrind.com