It seems as if the “Kesha saga” grows more complicated by the day. People reported that Kesha filed an injunction to Justice Shirley Kornreich’s ruling. Justice Shirley’s ruling was a dismissal of the singer’s preliminary injunction suit, which would have allowed her to record music without Dr. Luke’s fingerprint. Dr. Luke has since filed a countersuit for breach of contract. In case one might have missed this, Kesha accused Dr. Luke of sexually, physically, and emotionally abusing her. He’s vehemently denied those accusations.
The judge denied the suit for injunction after Dr. Luke signed an affidavit stating she would be free to record without his direct contact. Kesha doubled down on the accusations after the injunction was filed with comments she made on Facebook.
“Nearly a week after her preliminary injunction request was dismissed, Kesha wrote on Facebook: “This case has never been about a renegotiation of my record contract – it was never about getting a bigger, or a better deal. This is about being free from my abuser.”
Richard Roth, a New York based attorney, believes the judge made the right decision. He stated that “there might be an extraordinary set of facts that could support the extraordinary remedy of a preliminary injunction invalidating a contract. But Kornreich found, properly I think, that the evidence presented was woefully insufficient.”
We’ll keep you updated on the latest twists and turns in this complicated matter.
SOURCE: PEOPLE | PHOTO CREDIT: Splash News
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Gwen Stefani, Kris Jenner, Kesha, & More
1. Miranda Kerr looks toned and perfect while running errands in NYC.Source:Splash News 1 of 10
2. Kesha rocks a hood mermaid look with long blue locks and a gold tooth at LAX.Source:Splash News 2 of 10
3. Aww! Gwen Stefani takes a stroll with her newest little cutie, Apollo Bowie Flynn.Source:Splash News 3 of 10
4. Who dat, who dat? Kris Jenner was seen with a mystery man strolling around Disneyland.Source:Splash News 4 of 10
5. Amber Rose rocks a fanny pack while on her way to Starbucks.Source:Splash News 5 of 10
6. Kate Hudson is cute as a button at SiriusXM Studios in New York City.Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. Hate it or love it, the cast of E!'s "Rich Kids of Beverly Hills" is still making moves, leaving NBC studios in Manhattan.Source:Splash News 7 of 10
8. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson looks happy as a clam signing autographs at "Live with Kelly and Michael."Source:Splash News 8 of 10
9. Taylor Swift looks cute in a green dress while leaving the gym in NYC.Source:Splash News 9 of 10
10. Michael Clifford of the hot new group 5 Seconds of Summer performs at NBC's TODAY Show.Source:Getty 10 of 10
Kesha Files An Appeal To Judge’s Injunction Decision was originally published on globalgrind.com