Missy Elliott, Diane Warren, and Sophia Bush will join the First Lady on stage, as Queen Latifah moderates a discussion about “finding one’s passion, music, and the importance of girls’ education everywhere,” according to SXSW’s website.
The announcement continues:
The First Lady will also be highlighting the Obama Administration’s Let Girls Learn initiative, which aims to break barriers for the 62 million girls around the world who are not in school today, more than half of whom are adolescent.
First Lady Michelle Obama’s Keynote at SXSW 2016 will be a landmark event that SXSW is proud to be hosting in its 30th year. SXSW Music brings the global music industry together and offers the perfect platform for the First Lady’s call to action to support girls’ education.
Halle and Chloe Bailey will provide the opening music. The two sisters have been performing together since their YouTube cover of “Pretty Hurts” went viral in 2013. The pair are signed to Beyoncé’s management company, Parkwood Entertainment.
Zendaya kicked off the inspiring event on Twitter with the First Lady’s anthem, “This Is For My Girls,” featuring Missy Elliott, Lea Michele, Kelly Rowland, Kelly Clarkson and more.
SOURCE: SXSW | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
A Look Back: Michelle Obama’s Best Looks At Past State Of The Union Addresses
1. The State Of The Union Address In 2009.Source:Getty 1 of 8
2. The State Of The Union Address In 2010.Source:Getty 2 of 8
3. The State Of The Union Address In 2011.Source:Getty 3 of 8
4. The State Of The Union Address in 2012.Source:Getty 4 of 8
5. The State Of The Union Address In 2013.Source:Getty 5 of 8
6. State Of The Union Address in 2014.Source:Getty 6 of 8
7. State Of The Union Address 2015.Source:Getty 7 of 8
8. Michelle Obama 2016.8 of 8
Secure Your Bag: Michelle Obama Taps Queen Latifah, Missy Elliott, & More For SXSW Keynote Speech was originally published on globalgrind.com