Sunday night’s episode, entitled ‘Fallen Heroes,’ addressed the current circumstances surrounding the beloved comedian-turned-alleged-sexual-assaulter, but in a creative and funny way. Co-creator, executive producer, and star Jerrod Carmichael told The Hollywood Reporter when asked about his motivations behind the episode, “I just think that this show should both live in the real world and that it should treat audiences like adult and I think topics like these do both.”
Showrunner Danielle Sanchez-Witzel said, “Every day we’re making choices and having to live in this grey world and that was certainly the inspiration for Cosby at least. To be able to tell a story about why that’s hard.”
The Carmichael Show airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on NBC.
Emmy-winning Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage is heading to Saturday Night Live.
The actor, known for his portrayal of Tyrion Lannister, has been announced as the SNL host for the April 2 episode, making it his first time hosting the sketch comedy show. Dinklage will be joined by musical guest Gwen Stefani,who’s preparing to release her third solo album, This Is What the Truth Feels Like.
Dinklage’s SNL appearance comes only a few weeks before Game of Thrones’ sixth season premieres on HBO.
In its second weekend at the box office, Disney’s Zootopia continued to rule, raking in $50 million over the weekend.
The J.J. Abrams-produced monster movie 10 Cloverfield Lane opened in second place, collecting $25.2 million, while Deadpool rounded up the top 3 with $10.8 million.
1. Bill Cosby: Since 2005, over a dozen women have alleged that Bill Cosby drugged and then sexually assaulted them. With the allegations getting media attention again, the first supermodel ever, Janice Dickinson, has also come forward to reveal the "Cosby Show" actor raped her in 1982.
1 of 9
2. Michael Jackson: Throughout his career, the King of Pop was accused of molesting young boys several times. After he died, it was discovered that Michael spent over $35 million covering up the alleged molestation of 24 boys.
2 of 9
3. Martin Lawrence: Leading man in one of the best comedy series ever, Martin's co-star Tisha Campbell left the show "Martin" in 1997, citing sexual harassment, sexual battery, verbal abuse, and threats from Martin. To make matters worse, Tisha recently revealed she was a victim of rape at just 3-years-old.
3 of 9
4. Terry Richardson: The man on the other side of the lens has been labeled a sexual predator by more than a few women. Multiple models have claimed Richardson requested sexual favors during shoots, and the heinous accusations stretch all the way back to 2005.
4 of 9
5. Woody Allen: The famed director reportedly sexually abused his 7-year-old adopted daughter Dylan Farrow. Allen refused to take a polygraph test administered by state police, and the young girl's claims were found to be consistent with the testimony of three adults who were around the same day the abuse happened.
5 of 9
6. James Brown: James Brown has not only been arrested for armed robbery, in the early 2000s he was sued by a woman who claimed it was Brown's fault she suffered from Graves' disease, as he allegedly raped her at gunpoint in 1988.
6 of 9
7. Kobe Bryant: The LA Laker was the center of a lot of negative attention in 2003, when a 19-year-old hotel employee accused the basketball player of raping her. Though Kobe admitted to having sex with her - and remember, he was married at the time - he denies it was rape.
7 of 9
8. Sean Penn: The famed actor is not only known for his ability to meaningfully portray a character, he's also known for tying up ex-wife Madonna and beating her bloody. She escaped when she told her husband of the time she had to use the bathroom.
8 of 9
9. Marv Albert: In 1997, the beloved Sportscaster plead guilty to sexual assault and battery of a longtime lover, who claimed that he repeatedly bit her and forced her to perform oral sex on him. She claimed she was only able to escape after ripping his toupee off of his head.
9 of 9
Continue reading 13 Celebrity Men Who’ve Been Accused Of Heinous Crimes But Are Still Idolized
13 Celebrity Men Who've Been Accused Of Heinous Crimes But Are Still Idolized