Long live Whitney.
Three years after Whitney Houston‘s untimely death, there’s a new documentary in the works about her life. The film, Whitney, will be directed by Nick Broomfield and premiere on BBC Two. The network says Whitney will explore “the forces that made and destroyed the singer.”
Broomfield’s past work includes his most famous documentary, Kurt and Courtney, which chronicled the relationship between Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love. Love ultimately brought legal action again Broomfield over the film’s focus on allegations that she played a role in Cobain’s death.
Hopefully, Whitney will remain largely free of controversy. After all, her fans will hold it to a high standard.
A release date has yet to be set.
SOURCE: Pitchfork | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Bobbi Kristina Through The Years (PHOTOS)
1. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive to Los Angeles on June 9, 1993.Source:Getty 1 of 25
2. Whitney Houston, singer Bobby Brown, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend Bobby Brown's 25th Birthday Party on February 4, 1994 at Tavern on the Green.Source:Getty 2 of 25
3. Bobby Brown and daughter Bobbi Kristina circa March 1994.Source:Getty 3 of 25
4. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive from New York City on June 18, 1995.Source:Getty 4 of 25
5. Mommy's girl! Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown depart for New York City on July 1, 1995 at Los Angeles International Airport.Source:Getty 5 of 25
6. Singer Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend "The Preacher's Wife" premiere together in New York City on December 9, 1996.Source:Getty 6 of 25
7. Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, & Bobbi at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills circa October '98.Source:Getty 7 of 25
8. Daughter Bobbi walks the carpet with her mother Whitney Houston in March of 1999.Source:Getty 8 of 25
9. Whitney Houston with her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown and husband Bobbi Brown onstage during a concert on July 16, 1999.Source:Getty 9 of 25
10. Whitney Houston kisses her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown during the 1st Annual BET Awards on June 19, 2001.Source:Getty 10 of 25
11. Bobby, Whitney, and Bobbi pose for a flick at he 2002 VH1 Divas show.Source:Getty 11 of 25
12. Whitney, Bobby, and Bobbi smile during Praise Power in 2003.Source:Getty 12 of 25
13. The Browns posed with Mickey and Minnie at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" premiere.Source:Getty 13 of 25
14. Bobbi Kristina Brown and Whitney Houston perform in Central Park on September 1, 2009.Source:Getty 14 of 25
15. Bobbi and Whitney wore all black to the 2009 American Music Awards.Source:Getty 15 of 25
16. Bobbi hugs her mother at the 2011 Pre-GRAMMY Gala and Salute To Industry Icons Honoring David Geffen.Source:Getty 16 of 25
17. Whitney Houston and her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive at Kelly Price & Friends Unplugged: For The Love Of R&B GRAMMY Party.Source:Getty 17 of 25
18. Bobbi Kristina arriving at Whigham Funeral Home for a private viewing for her mother, Whitney Houston.Source:Getty 18 of 25
19. Pat Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown accept the Millennium Award on behalf of Whitney Houston onstage at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards.Source:Getty 19 of 25
20. Bobbi Kristina and Nick Gordon at the premiere of "Sparkle" at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.Source:Getty 20 of 25
21. Bobbi salutes the poster for her mother's movie during the premiere of "Sparkle" at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.Source:Getty 21 of 25
22. Bobbi Kristina at the We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute to Whitney event.Source:Getty 22 of 25
23. Cissy Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown attend "The Houstons: On Our Own" Series Premiere Party at the Tribeca Grand Hotel in NYC.Source:Getty 23 of 25
24. Nick Gordon kisses Bobbi Kristina Brown at "The Houstons: On Our Own" series premiere party.Source:Getty 24 of 25
25. Bobbi Kristina Brown attends the GRAMMY Gift Lounge during the 56th Grammy Awards at Staples Center.Source:Getty 25 of 25
There’s A New Whitney Houston Documentary In The Works was originally published on globalgrind.com