The Democratic National Committee reception will be hosted by will.i.am and Whurley, with J. Cole as the event’s musical guest. All the action will go down Friday, March 11 at Austin Music Hall.
Ticket prices range from $250 to $34,000. To get more access to the POTUS, you’ll probably have to shell out half your yearly salary.
J. Cole will also participate in an official SXSW event for his Dreamville Takeover showcase at Austin’s ACL Live at The Moody Theater on Saturday, March 19. The Dreamville Takeover showcase will feature J. Cole, Bas, Cozz, and Omen.
Purchase tickets to the DNC fundraiser here.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Twitter
16 Things You Probably Didn't Know About J. Cole
1. We all know J. Cole's real name is Jermaine Lamarr Cole. But did you know he was born in Frankfurt, Germany?Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. J. Cole's mom is German & his dad, who left a young Jermaine behind very early on in his life, is African-American.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. The "extent" of his "prepared food" repertoire goes only so far as cereal and PB&Js.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. J. Cole's first rap name was Blaza. His second was Therapist.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. He considered himself the underdog. He's quoted as saying: "I've always been an underdog. I feel like I beat the odds."Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. J. Cole moved his "Born Sinner" release date up from June 25th to June 18th to, specifically, compete with Kanye West's "Yeezus."Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. J. Cole's favorite New Yorker, dead or alive, is Tupac.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. J. Cole stands tall at 6'3" - he's one inch taller than his mentor, Jay Z.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. He was first-chair violinist back in high school.Source:Instagram 9 of 13
10. It was J. Cole's mom who encouraged his production, buying her son a $1,300 ASR-X for Christmas so he could make beats at home.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. J. Cole has worked as a newspaper ad salesman and a bill collector, in addition to dressing as a kangaroo while working at a skating rink.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. He first attempted to work with Jay Z after college. In 2007, Hov dismissed the young rapper and the beat tape he was trying to shop around.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. That same night, J. Cole stood around and waited for Jay Z to arrive at the studio, for 3 hours, in the rain - only to get the cold shoulder from Hov.Source:Getty 13 of 13
J. Cole Will Perform At DNC Fundraiser With Barack Obama As Special Guest was originally published on globalgrind.com