Tell ’em, Amber.
The argument that women are responsible for the actions of men is old and tired. Thankfully, we have women like Amber Rose who aren’t afraid to speak out on the matter. During an appearance on OWN’s “It’s Not You, It’s Men,” the 34-year old offered the perfect response to that kind of logic.
In her sit-down with Tyrese and Rev Run, Tyrese seemed to suggest that Amber’s “sexual image” could be to blame for the harassment she faces from fans. “There’s an energy being sent out there that creates that type of response,” said Tyrese.
And Amber came through with the education, responding, “No it doesn’t, ’cause I’ma tell you why. If I’m laying down with a man butt-naked and his condom is on, and I say ‘you know what, no. I don’t want to do this. I changed my mind.’ That means no. That means fucking no, that’s it. It doesn’t matter how far I take it or what I have on.”
Then, Rev Run suggested that the adage “dress how you want to be addressed” holds validity, to which the audience applauded. But Amber quickly fired back.
“Oh, boo. No, that’s no realistic. Stop it. If I want to wear a short skirt or a tank top and I’m at the club and I’m having fun with my friends and I feel sexy, I’m not DTF. I’m not even looking at you. I don’t even want to have sex with you. I didn’t come here to have sex. I didn’t come here to hook up with nobody. I came out here with my girls and I just feel pretty. I’m not asking for nothing.”
VIDEO CREDIT: Twitter
Hundreds Join Amber Rose For Her 2015 SlutWalk In Los Angeles
1. Amber Rose on stage at the 2015 SlutWalk in Los Angeles.Source:Splash News 1 of 8
2. Amber Rose arriving at the SlutWalk.Source:Splash News 2 of 8
3. Amber Rose standing beside her mother at the 2015 SlutWalk.Source:Splash News 3 of 8
4. Amber Rose hosts SlutWalk 2015 in Downtown Los Angeles, Ca.Source:Splash News 4 of 8
5. Amber Rose hosts SlutWalk 2015 in Downtown Los Angeles, Ca.Source:Splash News 5 of 8
6. Nick Cannon seen taking pictures with fans at the 2015 SlutWalk.Source:Splash News 6 of 8
7. Amber Rose writing on the Wall Of Shame at the SlutWalk.Source:Splash News 7 of 8
8. Amber Rose breaks down when talking about Wiz Khalifa at the SlutWalk.Source:Splash News 8 of 8
Amber Rose Offers The Perfect Shutdown To The “Dress How You Want To Be Addressed” Theory was originally published on globalgrind.com