Just when you thought you were ready for President Barack Obama to leave office, the internet finds a clever way to fondly miss the president.
The trending topic known as #ObamaAndKids came to be on Saturday when Michael Skolnik, activist and entrepreneur, posted a classic photo of Obama and a child, reminding the world of the impact the nation’s first Black president has on today’s youth.
From there, the world took part in #ObamaAndKids, sharing their favorite photos of the president playing and interacting with children.
On Sunday, Skolnik shared the reason why he decided to start the unforgettable hashtag. After visiting The White House for a special celebration of Black History Month earlier this week, he witnessed White House photographer Pete Souza snap a photo of the president meeting a wide-eyed toddler.
The reception was just one of many events held at The White House for Black History Month which included an intergenerational meeting of activists with Obama and a STEM program for African-American girls.
“This would be the last Black History Month celebration at The White House during the presidency of the first African-American in the history of The United States to hold the highest office in the land,” Skolnik said. “I started thinking about all of the other children in this country, and what it means for them. What it means for them to have this president, at this time, leading this country through this incredibly difficult transition.
We’ll probably never truly be able to measure the impact that President Barack Obama has had on our children. As we enter the final year of his presidency, we will cherish and hold onto the great moments of progress and accomplishment. We will celebrate not just Barack Obama as a president, but also as a husband and a father.”
Take a look at more memorable #ObamaAndKids photos below.
SOURCE: Twitter, Medium | VIDEO CREDIT: Inform | PHOTO CREDIT: Pete Souza/The White House
Every Picture Of President Obama & Adorable Kids That You Need To See Now (PHOTOS)
1. President Obama gets the biggest of hugs from an adorable girl with adorable pig tails in the White House.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 1 of 44
2. Face/Off! President Obama and one little American have a staring contest.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 2 of 44
3. We wonder who won!Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 3 of 44
4. Making funny faces with the cutest of White House guests.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 4 of 44
5. It's a bird! It's a plane! Nope, it's just Air Force One.Source:Getty 5 of 44
6. Cutest Story Ever: When Alanah Poullard visited the White House to greet Wounded Warriors and their families, she asked the president to write her a school excuse note so she wouldn't get in trouble for missing a day of school. He happily did just that.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 6 of 44
7. "Smell my hand Mr. President!"Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 7 of 44
8. Kisses for the president on the White House lawn.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 8 of 44
9. Obama loves the kids...even when they're a chore to pick up.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 9 of 44
10. While visiting Sasha & Malia's school, President Obama spotted these pre-schoolers checking him out. Time to stop for a quick conversation about universal Pre-K education!Source:Getty 10 of 44
11. "President Obama, look at the camera!"Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 11 of 44
12. Obama greeting little visitors dressed to the nines.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 12 of 44
13. We're sure this conversation was all about hair.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 13 of 44
14. Airplane rides from the president? Who wouldn't be smiling!?Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 14 of 44
15. Taking a moment from signing executive orders to play tag in the Oval Office.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 15 of 44
16. Another conversation about great hair and cute babies.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 16 of 44
17. Reaching for a high five!Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 17 of 44
18. The president takes the time to greet Americans and a cute baby on an airplane tarmac.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 18 of 44
19. Getting hugs from the cutest of students during a trip to a pre-school.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 19 of 44
20. Meeting the cousins and siblings of Newtown victim Emilie Parker just two days after the Sandy Hook massacre.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 20 of 44
21. What's a day in the White House without getting caught by a mini Spider-Man?Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 21 of 44
22. There's something about that presidential face that babies just love.Source:Getty 22 of 44
23. Giggles and laughs from a staffer's baby boy.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 23 of 44
24. There's nothing like high fives from the president.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 24 of 44
25. Obama and Baby Face-Off's. They are definitely a thing.Source:Getty 25 of 44
26. President Obama gives an animated expression while meeting with students at an elementary school.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 26 of 44
27. Students help Obama during a literacy lesson at an elementary school.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 27 of 44
28. Pound it, Bro!Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 28 of 44
29. At least one of them has the right basketball team on for the former Chicago Senator.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 29 of 44
30. Hooray's and baby holding on a trip to Senegal.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 30 of 44
31. Looks like President Obama is interrupting dinner at Brooklyn's iconic restaurant Juniors. But this little girl doesn't mind.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 31 of 44
32. President Obama tries to have a meeting with college students. But this little guy is so intrigued he keeps inching his way into the conversation.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 32 of 44
33. Pete Souza: "The President talks with the six-year-old son of departing staff member David Vandivier just outside the Oval Office. The youngster had just inquired how old the President was going to be in a few days (the President's birthday is Aug. 4). '52,' the President replied. 'Whoa!' said the six-year-old."Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 33 of 44
34. President Obama keeping a close eye on the students.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 34 of 44
35. According to her big grin, watching the president sign an executive order is a lot of fun.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 35 of 44
36. Pete Souza: "The President called me over to pose for a photo with a young boy who had fallen asleep during the Father's Day ice cream social in the State Dining Room of the White House." Gotcha!Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 36 of 44
37. President Obama greets a little boy with the biggest grin we've seen in a while.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 37 of 44
38. Racing Denis McDonough's children while en route to the announcement that Denis would become the new Chief of Staff.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 38 of 44
39. Obama clearly discussing amazing afro's with this adorable baby.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 39 of 44
40. Obama Loves The Kids!Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 40 of 44
41. Even the sleepiest of babies don't miss a chance to meet the president.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 41 of 44
42. Telling secrets in the Oval Office.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 42 of 44
43. Epic "Chloe" side eyes in the Oval Office.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 43 of 44
44. Amazed by how many wrinkles the president has amassed during his second term.Source:White House Flickr/Pete Souza 44 of 44
#ObamaAndKids Will Make You Wish A Third Term President Was Possible was originally published on newsone.com