Drake has, with good reason, been the focal point of All-Star Weekend in Toronto. The Canadian rapper has put on for “the 6” all throughout his meteoric rise to fame.
That pride has not gone unnoticed, so in a ceremony before the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game at the Ricoh Coliseum on Friday, Mayor John Tory granted Drake the key to the city.
It was an honor that Drake called, “one of the greatest moments of my life.”
A smiling, suited-up Drake gave a few words while receiving the honor. “We have something extremely special in this place,” he said. “I will never stop loving this city. I will never stop representing this city.”
Mayor Tory was in good spirits while joking that the award was non-transferable to his Young Money boss Lil Wayne.
After receiving the highest honor from his city, Drake went on to fulfill his coaching duties, creating some hilarious moments with opposing coach Kevin Hart. Canada led a 74-63 win over the United States.
Check out a few photos above.
SOURCE: The Star | PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram, Twitter, Getty
25 Of Drake's Best Courtside Fan Girl Moments
20 photos Launch gallery
1. Drizzy amps the Raptors up.
1 of 20
2. Drake stans out for Chris Bosh.
2 of 20
3. Drake proves his hitta status.
3 of 20
4. Drake stans out courtside at a NY Knicks Vs. Miami Heat game with Maxwell.
4 of 20
5. Drake cheeses while hugging Kevin Durant.
5 of 20
6. Drake chats it up with D-Wade and Chris Bosh courtside.
6 of 20
7. Drake and Dwyane Wade hug it out.
7 of 20
8. Drake goes hard for his Toronto Raptors while they compete against the Brooklyn Nets.
8 of 20
9. Drake is amused at a 2012 NBA All-Stars game... Lil Wayne? Not so much.
9 of 20
10. Drake's still very amused.
10 of 20
11. Drake cheers on the Raptors from the sidelines.
11 of 20
12. Drake spills tea courtside...
12 of 20
13. Drake's best courtside smile.
13 of 20
14. Drake and Spike Lee, the best courtside hecklers of all time, give each other props.
14 of 20
15 of 20
16. Drake bigs up the 6 Man.
16 of 20
17. Drake chills out at a game with his friend.
17 of 20
18. Go hard in the paint, Drizzy!
18 of 20
19. The Raptors' mascot whispers sweet NBA nothings into Drake's ear.
19 of 20
20. Have you ever seen Drizzy this happy?
20 of 20