Award season is upon us and tonight, Hollywood’s A-listers came out for a memorable night at the 2016 Golden Globes.
Hosted by Ricky Gervais, the show started off with a few low-blows by the comedian – taking shots at Sean Penn‘s snitching to Caitlyn Jenner‘s remarkable year. But it was alas the speeches by some of your favorite actors and actresses that brought light to the evening’s festivities. Our favorite Taraji P. Henson won the “Best Actress in a Television Series -Drama” award and brought the crowd to laughter while accepting her well-deserved accolade.
In true Taraji fashion, even her walk to the stage had to be epic.
Check out Taraji’s full acceptance speech in the video below.
After delivering an impressive performance on The Revenant, Leonardo Dicaprio won the award for Best Actor – Motion Picture, Drama. Leo decided to share his award with the indigenous communities around the world. Watch his acceptance speech above.
Check out some of our favorite red carpet looks and a complete list of winners here.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Twitter
Red Carpet Recap: The 2016 Golden Globe Awards
1. The Smith's have arrived. Will & Jada brought their son Trey for the night's festivities.Source:Getty 1 of 29
2. Kevin Hart and his fiancee, Eniko, complemented each other perfectly.Source:Getty 2 of 29
3. Jennifer Lopez slayed, per usual. Rocking dazzling stilettos and a thigh-high slit, could this be a best dressed nominee?Source:Getty 3 of 29
4. Zendaya looked beautiful in Marchesa.Source:Getty 4 of 29
5. Laverne Cox kept it classic and elegant in Elizabeth Kennedy.Source:Getty 5 of 29
6. Regina King dazzled in gold.Source:Getty 6 of 29
7. America Ferrera shined in a vibrant yellow dress.Source:Getty 7 of 29
8. Eva Longoria rocked winter white with floral embellishments.Source:Getty 8 of 29
9. Wiz Khalifa walked the carpet with his mother.Source:Getty 9 of 29
10. It's a big night for Wiz- he's nominated for "See You Again."Source:Getty 10 of 29
11. Giuliana Rancic in Alex Perry.Source:Getty 11 of 29
12. "Jane The Virgin" star Gina Rodriguez was all smiles in a stunning ball gown.Source:Getty 12 of 29
13. Sam Smith suited up in style for the big occasion.Source:Getty 13 of 29
14. Another lady of E!, Maria Menounous came out for the Globes as well.Source:Getty 14 of 29
15. Rosie Hungtington-Whiteley and Jason Statham. How gorgeous does Rosie look?Source:Getty 15 of 29
16. Let's hope we get another amazing acceptance speech from Viola Davis tonight.Source:Getty 16 of 29
17. David Oyelowo looked sharp in Dolce & Gabbana.Source:Getty 17 of 29
18. Corinne Foxx, Jamie Foxx's daughter, is the 2016 Miss Golden Globes.Source:Getty 18 of 29
19. Nominated for her role as Cookie, Taraji P. Henson walked the carpet in a white gown which she accessorized with stunning jewels.Source:Getty 19 of 29
20. Channing Tatum and Jenna Dawson. Flawless.Source:Getty 20 of 29
21. Melissa Mccarthy was a sight to see in a metallic, blue gown.Source:Getty 21 of 29
22. Are you feeling Queen Latifah's look?Source:Getty 22 of 29
23. Jennifer Lawrence's striking red gown hugged her figure in all the right places.Source:Getty 23 of 29
24. OITNB and The Wiz star Uzo Aduba arrived in head-to-toe sequin.Source:Getty 24 of 29
25. Katy Perry in Prada.Source:Getty 25 of 29
26. The Goddess, Jane Fonda, stepped out in ruffles.Source:Getty 26 of 29
27. Lady Gaga won a Golden Globe for her role in AHS: Hotel.Source:Getty 27 of 29
28. Michael B. Jordan arrived looking dapper.Source:Getty 28 of 29
29. Angela Bassett clearly ages backwards.Source:Getty 29 of 29