Could this be a glimmer of hope for Bill Cosby?
The L.A. County District Attorney has decided not to charge the formerly beloved television star with sexual assault stemming from two separate allegations made in 1965 and 2008. TMZ reports that the statute of limitations has run out on the 1965 case, while there was insufficient evidence in the 2008 claims made by Chloe Goins.
The site continues:
Chloe Goins claimed she woke up in a bedroom at the Playboy Mansion only to find her breasts were moist and Cosby was at the foot of her bed biting her toe and masturbating. Our sources say the D.A. concluded this type of allegation — sucking someone’s toes — did not fall into a category that would extend the statute of limitations.
And there was another problem with Goins’ case. She claimed the incident occurred at a Playboy Mansion summer party and Cosby had an alibi that he was out of town, plus he was not on the guest lists for any events at the Mansion that summer.
In the 1965 case, the D.A. ran into problems regarding the accuser’s credibility – she apparently changed her story, first claiming she was 17 at the time of the alleged assault, before saying she was actually 18.
Bill Cosby has already been charged with sexual assault in Pennsylvania. He was arraigned last Wednesday and is out on $1 million bail.
SOURCE: TMZ | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
13 Celebrity Men Who've Been Accused Of Heinous Crimes But Are Still Idolized
1. Bill Cosby: Since 2005, over a dozen women have alleged that Bill Cosby drugged and then sexually assaulted them. With the allegations getting media attention again, the first supermodel ever, Janice Dickinson, has also come forward to reveal the "Cosby Show" actor raped her in 1982.1 of 9
2. Michael Jackson: Throughout his career, the King of Pop was accused of molesting young boys several times. After he died, it was discovered that Michael spent over $35 million covering up the alleged molestation of 24 boys.2 of 9
3. Martin Lawrence: Leading man in one of the best comedy series ever, Martin's co-star Tisha Campbell left the show "Martin" in 1997, citing sexual harassment, sexual battery, verbal abuse, and threats from Martin. To make matters worse, Tisha recently revealed she was a victim of rape at just 3-years-old.3 of 9
4. Terry Richardson: The man on the other side of the lens has been labeled a sexual predator by more than a few women. Multiple models have claimed Richardson requested sexual favors during shoots, and the heinous accusations stretch all the way back to 2005.4 of 9
5. Woody Allen: The famed director reportedly sexually abused his 7-year-old adopted daughter Dylan Farrow. Allen refused to take a polygraph test administered by state police, and the young girl's claims were found to be consistent with the testimony of three adults who were around the same day the abuse happened.5 of 9
6. James Brown: James Brown has not only been arrested for armed robbery, in the early 2000s he was sued by a woman who claimed it was Brown's fault she suffered from Graves' disease, as he allegedly raped her at gunpoint in 1988.6 of 9
7. Kobe Bryant: The LA Laker was the center of a lot of negative attention in 2003, when a 19-year-old hotel employee accused the basketball player of raping her. Though Kobe admitted to having sex with her - and remember, he was married at the time - he denies it was rape.7 of 9
8. Sean Penn: The famed actor is not only known for his ability to meaningfully portray a character, he's also known for tying up ex-wife Madonna and beating her bloody. She escaped when she told her husband of the time she had to use the bathroom.8 of 9
9. Marv Albert: In 1997, the beloved Sportscaster plead guilty to sexual assault and battery of a longtime lover, who claimed that he repeatedly bit her and forced her to perform oral sex on him. She claimed she was only able to escape after ripping his toupee off of his head.9 of 9
Bill Cosby Will Not Face Charges For Two Alleged Sexual Assaults In Los Angeles was originally published on globalgrind.com