It’s hard to find a person who didn’t enjoy Creed, so it’s no surprise that MGM has confirmed a sequel is in the works. But what will Creed 2 have to offer? Vulture reports that Sylvester Stallone has some interesting ideas, including the return of Apollo Creed:
According to Sylvester Stallone, he and director Ryan Coogler — who may be too busy with Black Panther to return — already started discussing sequel ideas, including one Godfather Part II–style idea about “going forward and backward and actually seeing Rocky and Apollo together.” It’s an admittedly “ambitious” plan, and one that Stallone indicates will also involve Carl Weathers reprising his role as Apollo Creed, even though Apollo died in Rocky IV. Is Weathers going to be playing a ghost, or will Apollo turn out to have been alive all along?
The trailer for Chapo: The Escape of the Century has just been released. The film, which tells the story of drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman‘s escape from prison, stars Irineo Alvarez, Jose Sefami, and Pascacio Lopez. It is set to premiere on January 15. Check out the trailer above.
Idris Elba is the latest actor to speak out on the racial stereotypes in Hollywood. In a new interview with The New York Times, Idris shared his frustration over the limited opportunities for Black men to star in leading roles:
“I read a script, and it says ‘black man, tall,’ and [then] it says ‘leading man,’ and I’m like, ‘What?’” he asked with a puzzled faced. “What color is he? Blue?”
Back in September, Idris was dubbed “too street” to play James Bond in 007 by series author, Anthony Horowitz.
“If white people are just now discovering it’s bad for black and working-class people in America, they’re a lot more blind than I thought. And they’re choosing to be ignorant a lot more than I thought,” Killer Mike said. “The same problems we’re discussing today, we discussed in 1990, 1980, 1970, and 1960. Until we call a spade a spade and say this problem comes from conditions that we’re allowing to happen, as a white group of people who hold a certain amount of power.”
Killer Mike has been very outspoken during this presidential election, and even publicly endorsed Bernie Sanders. You can watch his discussion with Colbert in the video above.
In September, Lena Dunham revealed her wish to “wrap up” the story-line of GIRLS after its upcoming season. Now, E! has confirmed that the show’s sixth season will be its last. The final episodes are expected to air in 2017.
Michael B. Jordan's Sexiest Pics (PHOTOS)
1. Michael was looking mighty fine at the National Board of Review, where he was honored.1 of 21
2. Thank God for Ellen. This hottie with a body flaunts the drawers he got from The Ellen Show.2 of 21
3. Lord, is he fine!3 of 21
4. Cooking for bae.4 of 21
5. Because everybody loves a little tongue out during "#ShamelessSelfies"...When it's you.5 of 21
6. Off Guards or Nah? Looking fine as he announces his 2013 GQ Man of the Year Award.6 of 21
7. Michael B. Jordan and Oprah. Two beautiful people, two beautiful smiles.7 of 21
8. Posted at the Dubai Film Festival with his homies.8 of 21
9. Throwback Thursday never looked so good.9 of 21
10. Too much sexy in one lens. Michael B. Jordan and Zac Efron chillin'.10 of 21
11. Even the monkeys on the Today Show go bananas for Michael.11 of 21
12. Successful sexy chocolate, what a great combo. Michael B. Jordan and Lupita Nyong'o looking posh posing for the paparazzi.12 of 21
13. It's lookin' good on the West Side.13 of 21
14. Then and now. Ball is Life.14 of 21
15. We should probably cuddle now.15 of 21
16. Chilling with the homies. Selfie time!16 of 21
17. He woke up like that.17 of 21
18. Fresh cut for the ladies.18 of 21
19. He makes it look so easy.19 of 21
20. I guess we can say "he gets it from his mama."20 of 21
21. Up close and personal with those succulent seductive lips.21 of 21
What’s Happening In Hip-Pop: Find Out Who Sylvester Stallone Wants In The “Creed” Sequel, & More was originally published on globalgrind.com