Police have charged a 15-year-old Brooklyn girl with the murders of her mother and her mother’s boyfriend, claiming she left the bodies in their Sheepshead Bay apartment for days, according to ABC.
Destiny Garcia has been charged as an adult with two counts of second-degree murder and two counts of criminal possession of a weapon.
Thirty-eight-year-old Rosie Sanchez and 40-year-old Anderson Nunez were found in their apartment on Monday night; police say their bodies had been there since December 27. Police claim that Sanchez was shot several times in the chest and was found sitting in a chair. Nunez had been shot and stabbed. Despite the alleged murder days before, Garcia went to Times Square to ring in the New Year with a friend. She claims that her mother was physically abusive, but the police aren’t buying it.
“We don’t believe this is at all, initially, an act of self defense. She went and got a gun from another individual that we’re trying to find right now, to commit the homicide,” said the NYPD’s detectives chief, Robert Boyce.
Garcia confessed when she was questioned and police are searching for the owner of the gun, who is also said to be 15-years-old.
SOURCE: Complex, ABC 7 | PHOTO CREDIT: Twitter
Top 11 Political Moments Of 2015
11 photos Launch gallery
1. Loretta Lynch Confirmed As U.S. Attorney General
1 of 11
2. Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage
2 of 11
3. Confederate Flag Removed From South Carolina Statehouse
3 of 11
4. Hillary Clinton Announces Second Presidential Bid
4 of 11
5. President Barack Obama Defends Black Lives Matter
5 of 11
6. President Obama Visits Prison
6 of 11
7. U.S. and Cuba Restore Diplomatic Relations.
7 of 11
8. DOJ Announces Probe Of Chicago Police
8 of 11
9. President Barack Obama Sings “Amazing Grace”
9 of 11
10. Vice President Joe Biden Almost Ran for President
10 of 11
11. Bernie Sanders Sick of Clinton’s Emails
11 of 11