Michael Jackson is really the greatest of all time…all time.
As of yesterday, MJ set a brand new record with his Thriller album. Since its release in 1982, Michael Jackson’s Thriller has sold 100 million copies worldwide and 30 million copies in the U.S. alone.
A statement released by RIAA’s CEO Cary Sherman announced that Michael Jackson is the first artist to ever achieve 30-time multiplatinum status.
“RIAA has awarded Gold & Platinum records on behalf of the music business for nearly 60 years, but this is the first time an artist has crossed the 30X multi-Platinum plateau. We are honored to celebrate the unique status of Thriller in Gold & Platinum history. What an exceptional achievement and testament to Thriller’s enduring spot in our hearts and musical history.”
Check out more facts about Thriller in the short below, courtesy of Boom 94.5 DFW.
SOURCE: Billboard | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
17 Sexy Pics Of Janet Jackson (PHOTOS)
1. Heyyy, Miss Jackson.Source:YouTube 1 of 17
2. Possibly the most iconic hairstyle in one of the greatest Janet videos.Source:YouTube 2 of 17
3. "Break it down, break it down."Source:YouTube 3 of 17
4. Janet Jackson was truly the GOAT when it came to rocking dookie braids back in "Poetic Justice."Source:YouTube 4 of 17
5. Let us never forget this Rolling Stone cover.Source:Rolling Stone 5 of 17
6. Or this one.Source:Rolling Stone 6 of 17
7. Janet on the cover of Blender in 2001.Source:Blender 7 of 17
8. Look at that body!Source:YouTube 8 of 17
9. Effortlessly bringing back sexy-cool.Source:Getty 9 of 17
10. Oh, OK Janet.Source:FHM 10 of 17
11. #FlawlessSource:FHM 11 of 17
12. Janet Jackson stripped down for Vibe in 2006.Source:Vibe 12 of 17
13. Look at them abs!Source:Vibe 13 of 17
14. Janet Jackson graced the pages of King in 2006.Source:King 14 of 17
15. Well, damn.Source:King 15 of 17
16. Gotdamn!Source:King 16 of 17
17. She still got it.Source:Getty 17 of 17
Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” Sets New Record With 130 Million Copies Sold was originally published on globalgrind.com