The Sunshine State never ceases to amaze us with its tendency to produce the most bizarre news stories.
A man was eaten by an alligator while on the run from local authorities. According to police, 22-year-old Matthew Riggins ran from Brevard County cops after he was observed allegedly planning to break into homes with another suspect.
Once deputies, K-9 units, and a sheriff’s helicopter arrived in the area, Higgins called his girlfriend to tell her that he was being chased. A Brevard County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson explained: “He probably went into the lake to hide from the officers and the dog, and came across that gator.”
Riggins’ body was discovered in the pond ten days later. The aggressive gator has since been euthanized.
Meanwhile, also in Florida, a woman allegedly killed her boyfriend and left his corpse to rot on her porch.
Forty-one-year-old Tammy Shereese Wright-Conner has been charged with the murder of Ronald Jerome Trotter Jr. after his body was found at her home in Jacksonville. According to the Florida Times Union, neighbors complained of a foul smell at the residence on June 10.
Upon their arrival at the rundown home, authorities discovered the windows sealed shut and multiple air fresheners present inside, all intended to mask the smell of Trotter’s decaying corpse. The body was so decomposed that initial responders could not determine if it was male or female. An autopsy determined Trotter died from a single gunshot wound to the chest.
Trotter disappeared two weeks prior to the discovery following an argument with his wife, who reported him missing. Wright-Conner has been jailed on unrelated drug charges since July.
The 25 Most Recent, Hilarious, & Bizarre Cases Of #Caucasity (PHOTOS)
1. Copter Cat: A Dutch artist stuffed his dead cat's body and turned it into a remote-controlled helicopter. Yeah.1 of 25
2. Rock Paper Scissor Hustlers.2 of 25
3. The Salvage Supper.3 of 25
4. All Pumpkin Everything.4 of 25
5. Ever Been Consoled By Your Rottweiler?5 of 25
6. Coldest Invention Yet.6 of 25
7. Man Saves Drowning Bear In Florida.7 of 25
8. Short Sleeves On An Ice-Covered Mountain.8 of 25
9. Who Needs A Laptop Case When You Have Space In The Ass Part Of Your Pants?9 of 25
10. $ign Language.10 of 25
11. Does It Get Anymore Caucasian Than This?11 of 25
12. Three Boobs Are Indeed Better Than Two.12 of 25
13. A Cheeseburger Bed Definitely Beats Out Any Sealy Mattress.13 of 25
14. The Cuddlr App...Where Strangers Can Meet Up...Just To Cuddle.14 of 25
15. All Those Open Subway Seats & She Decides To Sit On The Floor.15 of 25
16. The Suitsy...A Business Suit Onesie.16 of 25
17. Because This Is Where You Want To Eat Dinner.17 of 25
18. 'Merica.18 of 25
19. What Did You Do Today? Doctor: "Oh Nothing, Just Performed Major Surgery On A Gold Fish."19 of 25
20. Shine Bright Like A Diamond.20 of 25
21. What Else Are Police Officers Good For?21 of 25
22. Caucasity Of Epic Proportions.22 of 25
23. Sunbathing At A Dodgers Game In A Speedo Is The Best Idea Ever.23 of 25
24. Nutsack.24 of 25
25. What Appears To Be The Modern Day Durag Model.25 of 25
Meanwhile, In Florida: Man Eaten By Alligator While Hiding From Cops, & More was originally published on globalgrind.com