Teaming up with her producer Swagg R’Celious, Dawn revamps Adele’s power ballad and transforms it into a seductive R&B banger. In an interview with Pitchfork, Dawn explained her take on Adele’s hit single:
“I’m always skeptical about doing covers,” she said. “If I do them, I usually take them and morph them into my own. For example, when I covered Katy Perry’s ‘Dark Horse’ my producer and I sat down to create a distinct sound for the track. Recreating ‘Hello’ was no different because I had the urge to cover it in my own way. I just couldn’t resist a record that was so well-written.”
While Adele’s 25 is conquering iTunes and flying off store shelves today, Dawn’s gearing up to release her forthcoming album The Red Era, due out in 2016.
Take a listen to Dawn’s cover below.
Artists From The UK We All Love (PHOTOS)
1. Charli XCX can be found at the Top of the Billboard Charts for Iggy Azalea's “Fancy"1 of 10
2. Ellie Goulding's "Lights" has been heard at almost every party you've been to.2 of 10
3. Jessie Ware is a great representation of amazing talent coming from the UK.3 of 10
4. Disclosure's debut album "Settle" has topped the Billboard charts as well.4 of 10
5. Sampha is one of the most talented singers and producers. You can find him on Drake's latest album "Nothing Was The Same.”5 of 10
6. FKA Twigs has a very promising career in the upcoming year, her cosmic style and soulful voice is remarkable.6 of 10
7. La Roux's "Bulletproof" was often sung by people who never even listened to Electronic music.7 of 10
8. Jessie J's "Price Tag" was heard everywhere, topping the Billboard charts.8 of 10
9. One of "R&B's Most Wanted," Ed Sheeran has definitely made a solid name in the music industry.9 of 10
10. Sam Smith's debut LP "In The Lonely Hour" immediately made it to the Top 10 Billboard charts.10 of 10
COOL ASS COVERS: Dawn Richard Covers Adele’s “Hello” (NEW MUSIC) was originally published on globalgrind.com