The UK pop star stopped by Annie Mac’s BBC Radio Show to promote the re-release of his debut album In The Lonely Hour, and decided to cover one of his favorite Amy Winehouse songs.
During his interview with Annie, Sam explained why he wanted to record an official cover of the song: “In the moment we wanted to try it…and everything just kind of came together in a very beautiful way and it felt like a moment so I wanted to share it,” he said.
This is the second time in a little over a month that Sam has premiered a cover on Annie’s radio show. Back in September, Sam and Disclosure performed a cover of Drake’s smash hit “Hotline Bling.”
Take a listen to Sam’s cover of “Love Is A Losing Game” below.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Amy Winehouse: 14 Lesser-Known Facts About Her Life Through Photos
1. A baby-faced Amy Winehouse in 2003.Source:Getty 1 of 14
2. Amy Winehouse at the shortlist announcement for the BRIT Awards 2004.Source:Getty 2 of 14
3. Amy at the 'Nationwide Mercury Music Prize' 2004.Source:Getty 3 of 14
4. Amy Winehouse and Russell Brand at the Q Awards 2006.Source:Getty 4 of 14
5. Amy performs at Joe's Pub in NYC in 2006.Source:Getty 5 of 14
6. Amy after receiving the Pop Award for 'Back to Black' at the South Bank Show Awards 2007.Source:Getty 6 of 14
7. Amy performs on stage at the BRIT Awards 2007.Source:Getty 7 of 14
8. Amy and Blake Fielder-Civil at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2007.Source:Getty 8 of 14
9. Amy performs for the 50th Grammy Awards ceremony via video link in 2008.Source:Getty 9 of 14
10. Amy Winehouse and Mark Ronson perform at the BRIT Awards 2008.Source:Getty 10 of 14
11. Amy Winehouse with her father Mitch Winehouse in 2008.Source:Getty 11 of 14
12. Amy having a night out in Camden in 2009.Source:Getty 12 of 14
13. Amy makes a surprise appearance with Mark Ronson in 2010.Source:Getty 13 of 14
14. Amy's last performance in 2011.Source:Getty 14 of 14
COOL ASS COVERS: Sam Smith Covers Amy Winehouse’s “Love Is A Losing Game” was originally published on globalgrind.com