Earlier today, the poster for the seventh Star Wars movie was revealed and the inclusion of a non-White actor – John Boyega – has people on Twitter claiming the movie promotes “white genocide.” The cover makes it pretty clear that the movie’s main characters are Harrison Ford, who plays Han Solo, and Carrie Fisher, who plays Princess Leia, but the nerds fought back anyway.
Searching the hashtag #BoycottStarWarsVII leads to hilarity, weirdness, and tons of racial comments.
Here are some of the best tweets we found:
What’s your take? Star Wars VII comes out December 18th.
SOURCE: Twitter | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
1 of 15
1. Angela Bassett won Best Actress for her portrayal of Tina Turner in the film "What's Love Got To Do With It."
2 of 15
2. Sidney Poitier became the first American American to win a Golden Globe. He won Best Actor for his role in "Lillies Of The Field."
3 of 15
3. Denzel Washington took home the Golden Globe for Best Actor for his role in "The Hurricane" and for Best Supporting Actor for his part in "Glory."
4 of 15
4. Whoopi Goldberg took home an award twice! One for Best Supporting Actress for her role in "Ghost," and another for Best Actress for her iconic role in "The Color Purple."
5 of 15
5. Jamie Foxx won Best Actor for portraying Ray Charles in the film "Ray."
6 of 15
6. Forest Whitaker won Best Actor for "The Last King Of Scotland."
7 of 15
7. Jennifer Hudson won the award for Best Supporting Actress for playing Effie White in "Dreamgirls."
8 of 15
8. Diana Ross won the Golden Globe for Most Promising Newcomer in 1973.
9 of 15
9. Eddie Murphy took home the award for Best Supporting Actor for his role as Jimmy Early in "Dreamgirls."
10 of 15
10. Comedienne Mo'Nique won Best Supporting Actress for her role in "Precious."
11 of 15
11. Octavia Spencer took home the award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in "The Help."
12 of 15
12. Stevie Wonder took home the award for Best Original Song for his ballad "I Just Called To Say I Love You."
13 of 15
13. James Earl Jones won the award for Most Promising Male Newcomer back in 1971.
14 of 15
14. Morgan Freeman won Best Actor for his role in "Driving Miss Daisy."
15 of 15
15. Lou Gosset Jr. won Best Supporting Actor in the film "An Officer & A Gentleman."