Supermodel Beverly Johnson recently recounted her run-in with the high-profile Cosby Show actor via her memoir, The Face That Changed It All. Though she finally told her story, make no mistake, Beverly isn’t dwelling on the past.
Before celebrating her book on Wednesday night, Beverly told Good Morning America that she forgives Bill Cosby, adding that she’s not angry or bitter, whether he’s admitted to the assault or not.
Earlier that day, the trailblazing supermodel told Good Morning America that she “forgive[s]” Cosby. When asked how she reached that point, Johnson told The Hollywood Reporter on Wednesday night that’s just how she was raised.
“I’m never angry. I don’t carry anger and bitterness,” Johnson said. “It’s a part of who I am and how I was taught and so forgiving is a part of that process.”
Beverly revealed she doesn’t need Cosby’s validation:
When asked what it would take for Cosby to admit he did what they say he did, Johnson told THR, “I don’t know and — not that I don’t care — I leave that to his higher power and our higher power [and law enforcement].… I have no say.”
What a woman. Read more on the accusations against Cosby here, and leave your thoughts below.
1. Bill Cosby: Since 2005, over a dozen women have alleged that Bill Cosby drugged and then sexually assaulted them. With the allegations getting media attention again, the first supermodel ever, Janice Dickinson, has also come forward to reveal the "Cosby Show" actor raped her in 1982.
1 of 9
2. Michael Jackson: Throughout his career, the King of Pop was accused of molesting young boys several times. After he died, it was discovered that Michael spent over $35 million covering up the alleged molestation of 24 boys.
2 of 9
3. Martin Lawrence: Leading man in one of the best comedy series ever, Martin's co-star Tisha Campbell left the show "Martin" in 1997, citing sexual harassment, sexual battery, verbal abuse, and threats from Martin. To make matters worse, Tisha recently revealed she was a victim of rape at just 3-years-old.
3 of 9
4. Terry Richardson: The man on the other side of the lens has been labeled a sexual predator by more than a few women. Multiple models have claimed Richardson requested sexual favors during shoots, and the heinous accusations stretch all the way back to 2005.
4 of 9
5. Woody Allen: The famed director reportedly sexually abused his 7-year-old adopted daughter Dylan Farrow. Allen refused to take a polygraph test administered by state police, and the young girl's claims were found to be consistent with the testimony of three adults who were around the same day the abuse happened.
5 of 9
6. James Brown: James Brown has not only been arrested for armed robbery, in the early 2000s he was sued by a woman who claimed it was Brown's fault she suffered from Graves' disease, as he allegedly raped her at gunpoint in 1988.
6 of 9
7. Kobe Bryant: The LA Laker was the center of a lot of negative attention in 2003, when a 19-year-old hotel employee accused the basketball player of raping her. Though Kobe admitted to having sex with her - and remember, he was married at the time - he denies it was rape.
7 of 9
8. Sean Penn: The famed actor is not only known for his ability to meaningfully portray a character, he's also known for tying up ex-wife Madonna and beating her bloody. She escaped when she told her husband of the time she had to use the bathroom.
8 of 9
9. Marv Albert: In 1997, the beloved Sportscaster plead guilty to sexual assault and battery of a longtime lover, who claimed that he repeatedly bit her and forced her to perform oral sex on him. She claimed she was only able to escape after ripping his toupee off of his head.
9 of 9
Continue reading 13 Celebrity Men Who’ve Been Accused Of Heinous Crimes But Are Still Idolized
13 Celebrity Men Who've Been Accused Of Heinous Crimes But Are Still Idolized