Giants NFL Pro Bowl defensive lineman Jason Pierre-Paul is a lucky man.
He still has his hand, but he lost a finger after a fireworks accident at his Florida home over the July 4th holiday. JPP has been in the hospital ever since.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter says he’s obtained medical records that show doctors removed his right index finger.
JPP’s status has been shrouded in mystery ever since the incident — and we’re assuming JPP’s wants it that way since there’s a LOT of money on the line in terms of a new contract.
According to reports, that fireworks accident (which also fractured his thumb) might have cost JPP around $60 million, since the New York Giants pulled his long-term contract offer amid rumors about his condition. Pierre-Paul, however, maintains that he’ll be back in the fall.
One source characterized the timeline for Pierre-Paul’s return as being “sooner than people think” and said he still is expected to play this season.
Pierre-Paul is technically not under contract with the team as he has not yet signed his one-year franchise tender. The deadline for franchised players to agree to long-term contracts is July 15. If a deal can’t be reached by that date, Pierre-Paul would have to play under his $14.8 million tender, unless the Giants decide to withdraw it.
While he did lose a finger in the explosion, there is a graphic picture of his alleged injury floating around.
This is obviously a fake. But still, gross.
We’ll have to wait and see what the Giants do with JPP.
The Hottest Rookies Of The 2014-2015 NFL Season (PHOTOS)
1. Cody Latimer of the Broncos.1 of 13
2. Bashaud Breeland of the Redskins.2 of 13
3. Johnny Manziel of the Browns.3 of 13
4. Jadeveon Clowney of the Texans.4 of 13
5. Brandin Cooks of the Saints.5 of 13
6. Deone Bucannon of the Cardinals.6 of 13
7. Blake Bortles of the Jaguars.7 of 13
8. Jimmie Ward of the 49ers.8 of 13
9. Haha Clinton-Dix of the Packers.9 of 13
10. Khalil Mack of the Raiders.10 of 13
11. Aaron Lynch of the 49ers.11 of 13
12. Bishop Sankey of the Titans.12 of 13
13. Ryan Grant of the Redskins.13 of 13
Giants Player Jason Pierre-Paul’s Finger Amputated, Graphic Fake Injury Pic Surfaces was originally published on globalgrind.com