Kendrick Lamar is trying to uplift and inspire the world – and he’s doing a bomb-ass job.
The 28-year-old TDE rapper just hit us with his new video for “Alright,” a heartfelt song about Kendrick wanting to get away from all of his problems. Convincing himself – and us, for that matter – that everything has to be alright in the end, K. Dot begins by giving us several black-and-white visuals of real-world issues that aren’t going anywhere anytime soon in this Collin Tilley and The Little Homies-directed video.
Kendrick also just won the Best Male Hip-Hop Artist nod during this weekend’s BET Awards, and kicked off the show with this same joint, which he performed with a flourishing American flag in the background.
In case somehow you haven’t heard it, “Alright” appears on Kendrick’s second studio album, To Pimp A Butterfly. Watch Kendrick quite literally rise above it all in the visual up top and leave your thoughts below.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
2015 BET Awards Red Carpet Arrivals
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Fabolous and Kelly Rowland hit the carpet.
1 of 31
2. Big Sean kept it casual.
2 of 31
3. Kendrick Lamar was cool in his striped tribal shirt and simple black jeans.
3 of 31
4. Nicki Minaj got glam in all black.
4 of 31
5. Brandy got playful in this black and gray number.
5 of 31
6. Michael Ealy was handsome in tan.
6 of 31
7. Christina Milian looked amazing in this pantsuit.
7 of 31
8. Amber Rose and Blac Chyna were white hot in these coordinated ensembles.
8 of 31
9. Hey, Michael B. Jordan!
9 of 31
10. Ciara and Russell Wilson made their first red carpet debut as a couple.
10 of 31
11. Love Wins.
11 of 31
12. "Empire" star Bryshere Y. Gray got bold with color.
12 of 31
13. Morris Chestnut looked dapper as always.
13 of 31
14. Gabrielle Union looked flawless!
14 of 31
15. Janelle Monae maintained her classic beauty.
15 of 31
16. Angela Simmons graced the carpet in a mini dress.
16 of 31
17. Michelle Williams looked like royalty in green.
17 of 31
18. Host Tracee Ellis Ross brought the heat in this white number.
18 of 31
19. Chris Brown kept it fun in shorts.
19 of 31
20. Diggy Simmons chatted with Terrence J.
20 of 31
21. Naturi Naughton looked amazing in this printed dress.
21 of 31
22 of 31
23. Lisa Raye stayed true to her white obsession.
23 of 31
24. Flo-Rida and Natalie Rose.
24 of 31
25. La La Anthony played with prints.
25 of 31
26. Bobby Valentino hit the carpet.
26 of 31
27. Laverne Cox slayed in this pantsuit.
27 of 31
28. Letoya Luckett came through.
28 of 31
29. Lil Mama rocked a pantsuit.
29 of 31
30. Brittany Daniel graced the carpet.
30 of 31
31. Nicole Ari Parker looked beautiful in her white gown.
31 of 31