Has the dad life made Kanye West a different dude?
In a recent interview with the Sunday Times, ‘Ye conceded that last year’s Grammy interruption – in which he stated that Best Album winner Beck didn’t “respect artistry” – was a mistake.
“I’m fine to apologize for inaccuracies,” West says. “You know, I send flowers for inaccuracies. I talked to Beck’s wife, and I think I had a point about Beyonce’s album, but I think I was inaccurate with the concept of a gentleman who plays 14 instruments not respecting artistry.”
Yeezus bestowed his apology upon Beck back in February with this tweet:
Meanwhile, Yeezy channeled his penchant for being outspoken in a more constructive way this past weekend at Hot 107.9’s annual Birthday Bash event in Atlanta.
’Ye recently admitted that he made a conscious decision to not speak out about the death of Michael Brown, after fielding so much criticism for his past remarks, but he couldn’t stay mum this time.
On Saturday he delivered a very passionate and explicit freestyle where he addressed the issue of racism in the United States.
“See that’s the magic of racism, it works on itself/ We hate each other, screw each other, kill each other when we can’t kill nobody else,” he rapped. “See that’s the magic of lackin’ resources, it works on itself/ 500 n—as gettin’ pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-popped/ And North Carolina didn’t help/ See that’s the magic of racism, it works on itself.”
Unfortunately he messed up the placement of Charleston, but the intent was there.
It’s always great to hear new verses and concepts from Kanye. Where’s that new album at, doe?
40 Bizarre Kanye West Facts That Will Make Your Day
1. Kanye met No I.D. through Donda West, who worked with No I.D.'s mother as a teacher in Chicago.Source:Getty 1 of 40
2. Donda convinced the 19-year-old No I.D. to meet 14-year-old Kanye and "teach him how to do music."Source:Getty 2 of 40
3. He lived in China for a year in the fifth grade.Source:Getty 3 of 40
4. Of his time in a Chinese school, Kanye has said "I got A's and B's. And I'm not even frontin'."Source:Getty 4 of 40
5. Before he was signed, he would jump on tables during label meetings and scream, "I'm the next Michael Jackson!"Source:Getty 5 of 40
6. He was arrested in 2000 for stealing printers from Office Max in a case of mistaken identity.Source:Getty 6 of 40
7. At age 13 he wrote a song called "Green Eggs and Ham."Source:Getty 7 of 40
8. And he begged his mother to pay $25 per hour for studio time.Source:Getty 8 of 40
9. He sold his first beat to Chicago rapper Gravity for $8,800.Source:Getty 9 of 40
10. Then he used the $8,800 to buy Polo clothes and a Jesus Piece.Source:Getty 10 of 40
11. Kanye claims he has synesthesia, meaning he can see sounds.Source:Getty 11 of 40
12. Kanye studied English at Chicago State University before dropping out to focus on music.Source:Getty 12 of 40
13. He once said, “I think I’m gonna move to London. Get a fake-ass British accent like Madonna.”Source:Getty 13 of 40
14. Kanye personally asked Seth Rogen and James Franco to perform their spoof of "Bound 2" at his wedding to Kim.Source:Getty 14 of 40
15. But it didn't happen because they all agreed it was a silly idea.Source:Getty 15 of 40
16. He once worked as a telemarketer to pay his mother $200 per month in rent, which she demanded.Source:Getty 16 of 40
17. Kanye opened two Fatburger restaurants in Chicago through his company KW Foods LLC. Both locations have closed.Source:Getty 17 of 40
18. He has claimed to "TiVo rap videos so I can study them. To learn what steps to take to crush them all.”Source:Getty 18 of 40
19. He narrowly avoided another infamous rant when Common's “They Say” was nominated for Best Rap/Sung Collab at the Grammy's over “Heard 'Em Say” and “Gold Digger.”Source:Getty 19 of 40
20. But he apologized to Common when "Late Registration" beat "Be" for Best Rap Album that year.Source:Getty 20 of 40
21. After the Taylor Swift incident, Mos Def visited Kanye's home and told him to flee the U.S.Source:Getty 21 of 40
22. Kanye took Mos Def's advice, escaping to Japan, then Rome, before settling in Hawaii for six months to record "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy."Source:Getty 22 of 40
23. While recording MBDTF, he asked food delivery men for their opinions on the album when they stopped by his studio.Source:Splash News 23 of 40
24. He made Pusha T re-write his verse on "Runaway" four times. Each time, pushing Pusha T to get more angry.Source:Getty 24 of 40
25. He used his own money to finance the "Glow in the Dark Tour" when Best Buy backed out of sponsoring it.Source:Getty 25 of 40
26. He kept a tracklisting of Common’s "Be" in the studio to make sure his album was just as good.Source:Getty 26 of 40
27. He made his first beat in the seventh grade.Source:Getty 27 of 40
28. We know he's from the Chi, but he was actually born in Atlanta.Source:Getty 28 of 40
29. Thanks to hip-hop, we know that Blue Ivy was conceived in Paris, while North West was conceived in Florence. TMI?Source:Splash News 29 of 40
30. Initially, Chaka Khan refused to clear the sample for "Through The Wire."Source:Getty 30 of 40
31. Kanye brought Chaka's son to a BBQ and played him the "Through The Wire" music video. Two weeks later, Chaka cleared the sample.Source:Getty 31 of 40
32. Michael Jackson called Kanye to compliment the jacket he wore in the "Stronger" music video.Source:Getty 32 of 40
33. He's thought of becoming a male porn star "once or twice."Source:Getty 33 of 40
34. He invested two million dollars and over a year of work into creating his sophomore album.Source:Getty 34 of 40
35. Kanye and Jay Z performed "N*ggas In Paris" 12 times in a row on one night in Paris.Source:Getty 35 of 40
36. He refuses to work with Royce Da 5'9''.Source:Getty 36 of 40
37. Kanye recorded "The College Dropout" in Los Angeles while recovering from his car accident in 2002.Source:Getty 37 of 40
38. After the success of "College Dropout," Kanye bought himself an 18th century aquarium with 30 koi fish.Source:Splash News 38 of 40
39. In 2008, he posted a nude picture of Kim to his blog as he dubbed her his "girl of the week."Source:Getty 39 of 40
40. Before Bey's digital album, Kanye planned a theatrical release for all of the music videos from "Late Registration."Source:Getty 40 of 40
Kanye Talks Beck & Raps About Charleston Shooting At Atlanta Birthday Bash was originally published on globalgrind.com