There’s no love like the one between a mother and daughter.
Earlier today, Taylor Swift shocked the world when she announced her mother Andrea Finlay has been diagnosed with cancer. The 25-year-old country pop star tweeted the link to an emotional letter she wrote on her personal Tumblr.
An excerpt from the letter reads:
“For Christmas this year, I asked my mom that one of her gifts to me be her going to the doctor to get screened for any health issues, just to ease some worries of mine. She agreed, and went in to get checked. There were no red flags and she felt perfectly fine, but she did it just to get me and my brother off her case about it.
The results came in, and I’m saddened to tell you that my mom has been diagnosed with cancer.
She wanted you to know because your parents may be too busy juggling everything they’ve got going on to go to the doctor, and maybe you reminding them to go get checked for cancer could possibly lead to an early diagnosis and an easier battle… Or peace of mind in knowing that they’re healthy and there’s nothing to worry about. She wanted you to know why she may not be at as many shows this tour. She’s got an important battle to fight.”
Taylor is unwilling to divulge any specific details on the type and/or stage of cancer her mother is battling, but we’re hoping they caught this unforgiving disease early enough for treatment.
“I’d like to keep the details of her condition and treatment plans private, but she wanted you to know,” Taylor wrote.
Andrea Finlay, who’s 57-years-old, has always supported her daughter’s journey in the music industry, and Taylor is returning the love and support during such a tough time.
We’re sending well wishes and positivity to Andrea Finlay and all the women, men, and children battling cancer.
Check out these sweet photos of Taylor and her mother below.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
17 Pictures Of Taylor Swift & Her Mother Andrea Finlay
1. Sitting front row at award shows.Source:Getty 1 of 15
2. Nothing better than a mother's love.Source:Getty 2 of 15
3. Mommy Finlay So Proud Of Her Baby Girl.Source:Getty 3 of 15
4. Taylor's Got A Tight Hold On Her Mommy.Source:Getty 4 of 15
5. Hugs & Kisses.Source:Getty 5 of 15
6. Secrets & Giggles.Source:Getty 6 of 15
7. Getting ready to win another award.Source:Getty 7 of 15
8. Red Carpet Chic.Source:Getty 8 of 15
9. Mother & Daughter.Source:Getty 9 of 15
10. Hanging out in Nashville.Source:Splash News 10 of 15
11. Taylor and Momma Finlay Take NYC.Source:Splash News 11 of 15
12. Swifts In The City.Source:Splash News 12 of 15
13. Like mother, like daughter.Source:Splash News 13 of 15
14. Parisian Shopping Spree.Source:Splash News 14 of 15
15. Who You Talking To, Mom?Source:Splash News 15 of 15
17 Sweet Pictures Of Taylor Swift & Her Mother Andrea Finlay was originally published on globalgrind.com