So, Disney is releasing a special sneak-peek at the new Frozen sequel “Frozen Fever” in the form of a 7-minute digital short that will play during the previews of “Cinderella” which comes out TODAY. And with that, they also released a new song called “Making Today A Perfect Day” from the sequel that will surely be stuck in our heads just when we thought we had finally freed ourselves from the icy grip that “Let It Go” had on all of our brains.
All this means that Frozen Fever really is in full force…which comes as both pleasure and pain to parents everywhere. So I just HAD to share this bit of gloriousness from Buzzfeed that had all of us giggling in the studio.
“17 Thoughts Parents Have Upon Hearing About The Frozen Sequel”
1. Wow! I can’t wait to tell the kids! They’re going to be so excited!
2. Wait. This movie won’t be out for like two years. THEY CAN’T KNOW ABOUT THIS!
3. Who am I kidding? They’re going to find out, and when they do it’ll be all they can talk about for years.
4. Why, Disney? Why would you do this right when the Frozen hysteria is finally dying down!
5. Maybe there’s some way to stop this. What about an online petition?
Yeah, right. Like those ever work.
6. Oh no! This means more Frozen themed birthday parties.
7. Gasp. What if my kid wants another Frozen birthday party?
How am I supposed to top the last one? Am I going to have to bring in actual snow?
8. The trailer on YouTube is going to be on a loop in our house for years.
9. We’re going to have wait in line to meet all these characters all over again!
There goes another two and half hours.
10. And my kids are going to want a plushie of whatever new character they introduce.
My money is on a girlfriend for Olaf. (That would be cute actually.)
11. Anna is going to have a baby, too, isn’t she? And they’re going to sell a $50 Frozen baby. Gah!
12. They’re going to sell new dresses, too. SO MANY NEW DRESSES! I’m going to go broke.
“Mom, I want the Frozen 2 Anna at the ball dress, the Frozen 2 Anna daytime dress, the Frozen 2 Elsa at the ball dress, the Frozen 2 Elsa wedding dress, the….”
13. Does this mean we’re going to have to see Frozen On Ice again?!
That would just be cold.
14. I wonder if there’s any way to work out a payment plan with Disney right now?
15. The songs! There are going to be more songs. MORE earworms. Some song is going to be billed as the new “Let It Go” and it is going to torture us.
16. And there goes Halloween for the next few years. It’s going to be more freaking Annas and Elsas.
Now that is scary.
17. I do kind of wonder what the new one will be about, though. What? No, I don’t! Forget I said that.
But I totally kind of do…..