Who will win the 2015 Super Bowl? Blah blah blah… how GENERIC right?!
Predictions and picks for the Seattle Seahawks and the New England Patriots are fun, but the odd “odds” are even more entertaining.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Super Bowl prop bets this year cover everything from whether or not Katy Perry will kiss a girl to how many times commentators will mention “deflategate” (the over/under is 3). Here are some of the silliest wagers you can make on the big game, courtesy of betting sites bovada.lv , BetOnline and My Top Sports Books:
- What company will have the first Super Bowl commercial? (Anheuser-Busch 4/1)
- Will Idina Menzel forget or omit at least one word during the National Anthem? (Yes +450, No -700)
- How long will the National Anthem be? (over/under 122.5 seconds)
- What type of hoodie will Patriots coach Bill Belichick wear? (Sleeves cut -175, sleeves intact +135)
- Will the Seahawks inspect the footballs before kickoff? (yes +1000, no -9000)
- What will Katy Perry wear during the Super Bowl halftime show? (Pants +300, shorts +240, skirt -200; 18/1 odds for whipped cream bikini)
- What color will Katy Perry’s hair be? (Black/brown +200, blue/green +300, pink/red +300, blonde +400, purple +500)
- What song will Katy Perry sing first? (“Roar” +125, “Firework” +225, “E.T.” +1400)
- Will the “I Kissed a Girl” singer actually kiss a girl on stage? (yes +525, no -1100)
- Will there be a wardrobe malfunction during the halftime show? (Yes 22/1)
- Will a performer join Katy Perry and Lenny Kravitz? (Snoop Dogg 19/4)
- How many times will “deflategate” or “deflated” balls be said during the game? (over/under 3)
- Will the Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch grab his crotch after scoring a TD in the game? (Yes +400, No -600)
- Will Bill Belichick smile during the game on camera? (yes +150, no -200)
- How many times will Tom Brady’s wife Gisele Bundchen be shown on TV during the game? (over/under 1.5)
- Will the power go out in the stadium during the broadcast? (Yes 44/1)
- Will any pyrotechnics during the game or halftime show start a fire? (Yes 88/1)
- What color Gatorade will be dumped on the winning coach’s head? (orange 3/2, blue 15/2; water 3/1)
- Who will the Super Bowl MVP thank first after the game? (God 2/1, fans 15/1)
A word of caution: ESPN reports the special prop bets are currently not legal in Las Vegas casinos. Dave Tuley writes, “Nevada sports books are restricted to offering props that take place on the playing field and can be verified in the box score,” as opposed to subjective bets such as what color Perry’s hair is.
Oh, and if you care about the actual football game, some sites have the Patriots and Seahawks dead even, while Bovada has the Patriots -2 to win and the Seahawks +2.
But no matter who wins, I have a hot date with a big plate of chicken wings….so it’s all good.
FYI: Super Bowl XLIX kicks off Sunday, Feb. 1 at 6:30 p.m. on NBC.