Shout-out to my dog, Gizmo, for being better than any boo I could ever have.
And while scouring one of my favorite sites (TotalSororityMove.com), I found this EPIC post by a columnist duo who call themselves “2NOTBrokeGirls” further proving this fact of life.
Enjoy….”24 Reasons Why Having a Dog Is Better Than A Boyfriend”
They say a dog is a man’s best friend, but we call bullsh*t on that. We think a dog is actually a girl’s best friend. In fact, in most cases, we think they’re much better than boyfriends. Let us give you some reasons why.
- You can dress up your dog in whatever you want, and there isn’t much he can do about it.
- Your dog actually feels bad when he does something wrong.
- It’s not considered weird if you send your dog to obedience classes.
- You never have to wonder what your dog is doing or who he’s with.
- Your dog won’t criticize your cooking. In fact, he’s pretty happy with whatever you feed him.
- If you gain weight, don’t shower, or keep your pajamas on all day, your dog won’t judge you.
- Your dog won’t interrupt you when you tell him a story. Dogs are actually pretty good listeners.
- There are precious, designer dog collars and leashes, and your dog won’t say you spent too much on him.
- Your dog doesn’t hog the remote. In fact, a dog will let you watch as much of TLC’s “Bride Day” as you want.
- When you tell your dog to get off of you, he listens.
- Dogs will perform stupid tricks for you without the expectation of sex afterward.
- You don’t care if your dog sees you naked.
- Your dog doesn’t disapprove of your shopping addiction, as long as there are dog treats somewhere in your shopping bags.
- Chopping off your dog’s balls is not only socially acceptable, but is actually considered responsible.
- You don’t care when your dog looks at other bitches.
- Your dog’s snoring is actually kind of cute.
- When you don’t like how your dog’s hair looks, you can take him for a haircut.
- Your dog won’t judge you when you binge eat, as long as you share with him.
- For the most part, your dog is always down to snuggle.
- Your dog is happy when your plans involve not moving from the couch.
- You will never fall in the toilet because your dog left the seat up.
- Your dog doesn’t tell you how to drive when you two go out for a car ride.
- The closest your dog will ever come to cheating on you is humping a couch pillow.
- No man will ever be cuter than this: