Wow…. this makes me feel old.
You know how your grandparents like to start every story with “Back in my day…” before going into a story about the “old days”….well congratulations, now you can do the same thing.
“31 Struggles That Kids These Days Will Never Understand”
1. The disappointment of downloading a song from LimeWire and it being some sh*tty Kidz Bop version.
2. That heartbreaking moment when you tried to burn a CD and weren’t able to because there wasn’t enough space.
3. Going to the library and looking through so many books to work on a research paper.
4. Or having to use Encarta.
5. Trying to figure out directions with a physical fold-out map.
6. Waiting for AOL dial-up.
7. And then getting disconnected when your mom picked up the phone.
8. Renting a VHS and finding that someone disobeyed the “be kind, please rewind” policy.
9. And not being able to skip to a certain scene with the click of a button.
10. Omfg, this:
11. Waiting 800 years for files to download or save on your Gateway.
12. Running home from school to make it in time to see music videos on TRL.
13. Saving your papers to a floppy disk.
14. Trying to listen to your music while exercising, but the CD player keeps skipping.
15. CALLING to book a flight.
16. Going to Walmart and waiting a day for your disposable photos to develop.
17. Looking through endless Yellow Pages to find a number.
18. Spending hours upon hours trying to perfect your AOL profile page.
19. And your Myspace page.
20. Waiting for your favorite song to come on the radio so you could record it to a tape.
21. Wanting to know the lyrics to a song but the booklet in front of the CD case only has the song titles.
22. Scratching your CDs and not being able to listen to your fav playlist.
23. Blowing on your cartridges to “fix” your Nintendo game.
24. Planning to meet up with a friend when you really don’t feel like it, but they’re already on the way and you have no way of contacting them.
25. Needing to mail out your bills but you ran out of stamps.
26. Missing the final episode of your favorite show and having to wait till next summer to find out what happened.
27. Answering the phone without knowing who was calling.
28. Or taping a TV show over an old home video by accident.
29. Recognizing an actor but not being able to find out who it was.
30. Driving to F.Y.E. or a record store to buy concert tickets.
31. And not being able to stream endless cat videos anywhere, any time.