Sooo one of my FAVORITE WEEKENDS EVER is coming up! The Circle City Pride Festival and Parade will be in full swing this weekend, and everyone who has ever been knows the amazingness that’s about to ensue.
But for all you first-timers, here’s a list [courtesy of Buzzfeed] of the “18 Things You Will Experience At Your First Pride Parade.”
ENJOY THE FABULOSITY!
1. This flag will follow you everywhere you go.
2. You get anxious at the thought of figuring out where to go, and at what time.
3. You glance at the map and schedules and think:
To be honest, you just want to meet people and have a good time.
4. Finding your friends in the crowd is a **headache** but that makes it easier to meet new people.
5. Everywhere you look people are giving you beads for going to their booth at the festival.
6. You see this and aren’t sure what to think.
7. But then you’re like…
8. Dress code? No such thing exists.
Wait, what should I wear?
9. You go to so many events and bars that your arm looks like this:
10. Your eyes: Where do I look?!?!?! I DON’T WANT TO MISS ANYTHING.
11. You get emotional with all the love that’s around you.
12. You lose yourself in all the amazing performances.
Where else could you have Demi Lovato sing to you in a gold-trimmed suit with confetti dropping from the sky?
13. Just being a pedestrian in the parade makes you feel like you haven’t lived a full life:
14. Reality becomes a weird world you don’t want to be a part of anymore.
15. Rainbows literally pave the street.
16. Random people handing you condoms becomes normal.
17. You’re exhausted by the end of the day and your pockets are overflowing with flyers, candy, and condoms.