Kelly Price was one of the last people to encounter Whitney Houston when she was alive. She and Kelly shared the stage at the “For the Love of R&B” Pre-Grammy Party” where they joyously sang and shared words. We’ll never know what Whitney whispered in Kelly’s ear (or what she wrote in that final letter to Brandy), but it’s clear that Whitney was like that older auntie who provided great wisdom despite her flaws.
“There are days when I literally can hear the things she said to me and I am grateful to have that audio to playback,” Kelly told us in an exclusive interview. “Our relationship was more sisterly,” she reminisced. “People got to see what we did together publicly as performers, but our relationship was more based on private conversations.”
Whitney had that affect on many who came in contact with her. Whitney’s legacy may be tainted with drug use, but people who really knew her think of her in a much more respectable light. “I think it’s despicable that people only want to remember the negative about her,” Kelly said.
Find out about their last encounter, above.
13 Iconic Whitney Houston Magazine Covers We'll Never Forget
1. 13 Iconic Whitney Houston Magazine Covers We'll Never Forget1 of 15
2. 13 Iconic Whitney Houston Magazine Covers We'll Never Forget2 of 15
3. OUT Magazine3 of 15
4. Ebony Magazine 20094 of 15
5. InStyle Magazine5 of 15
6. VIBE Magazine6 of 15
7. Harper's Bazaar Magazine7 of 15
8. Seventeen Magazine 19918 of 15
9. Ebony Magazine in 20129 of 15
10. Rolling Stone in 201210 of 15
11. Redbook Magazine in 199911 of 15
12. Ebony Magazine in 199412 of 15
13. JANE Magazine in 200013 of 15
14. Rolling Stone in 199314 of 15
15. Premiere Magazine in 199715 of 15
Kelly Price On Last Encounter With Whitney Houston: ‘I Can Hear The Things She Said To Me’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com