Long before the producers from “The Bachelor” were giving us unrealistic expectations about love and dating, one of my other favorite TV addictions was giving all of us unrealistic expectations about life. And thanks to Buzzfeed, here are a list of 15 of them that will at least attempt to bring us back to our senses.
“15 Ways ‘Sex And The City’ Lied to Us About Life”
1. A taxi will automatically pull up the minute I exit my apartment building
2. If I ever get mugged, my shoes will be the first thing to go
3. Post-it notes are a “get out of jail free card if you’re ever caught smoking pot in plain sight of a police officer
4. And a female police officer will support my emotional attempts to vandalize public property
14. If a man breaks up with me three times, marries someone else, has an affair, then stands me up at the altar… eventually he’ll do a 180, put a shoe on my foot, and become “the one”
15. Miley Cyrus is just a mini-Samantha Jones
Turns out, this one actually may be true.