Daft Punk were the biggest winners of the night on the Grammy’s this past weekend, not that they made their own acceptance speeches (Pharrell Williams did) because…obvi…they rock robot helmets and never speak. But have you ever wondered who the mystery Frenchmen are behind those creepy helmets who make crazy awesome music?
Well, now we know.
I might as well put a spoiler warning right here…because after you read this, you’ll never be the same.
Here we go….
Daft Punk as you know them:
2. …wearing their kind of terrifying futuristic robot masks.
3. And here they are eerily standing behind Taylor Swift.
4. BUT HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY? (aka you haven’t bothered to google it).
In an interview with canoe.ca, one-half of Daft Punk, Thomas Bangalter, said:
“We don’t believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise.”
6. And now, if you haven’t seen, here they are without masks.
8. BEHOLD, the men of Daft Punk playing champagne beer pong.
9. Here is Thomas Bangalter slowly walking out of the ocean.
10. He kind of looks like a balding Shia LaBeouf.
11. And the guy on the right is the other helmeted dude, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo.
12. Here’s a really old picture of him.
14. And now you know/will never look at Shia LaBeouf the same way again.
Feels kinda like someone crushed your Christmas right? Your Daft Punk Christmas…